Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Silly question, but I haven't seen any posts on it.

Has anyone installed an MSD ignition system on the V6s? Just curious to see how hard it was, and if it provided any benefits.

I know it can be done, so the real question is whether it makes a difference. I have been considering an MSD system for some time, but I don't know if I will see any real benefits. Anyone with experience on the matter care to comment? I don't plan to use FI or N2O, so I am looking for benefits to a NA setup only...

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw that post. Good information about installing it, but not much mentioned for the benefits on an NA application... that's why I asked.

It's what I was expecting to hear, though, that it won't benefit NA too much. Still, let's see if anyone else replies.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you ask StreetthisMX6, he'll say it's not worth it. Apparently, he brought the car modded with the MSD and it drove slower than before modding it. In addition, he removed the MSD, went back to the track and it ran just as fast as before he added the MSD.

I'd like to do the MSD mod myself, but if it's going to make my car lose performace (N/A), I think I'll pass. I think an ignition upgrade is meant more for F/I or N2O applications where there is a higher chance that the intake charge will quench the spark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts