Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has done this and if there were any gains. i had gotten the ignition and a blaster coil tfi with harness could someone give me directions to install

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I heard that it really does not give you rcar moe power as far as HP. It does, however, from what I heard, make your car a lot smoother whenaccellerating. As ar as th einstallation, most people install them underneath the battery, some next to it. You definitelly don't want water hitting it all the time when it rais so look for a good spot for her. MSD should have supplied you with th epeoper instructions for an import. If you get different instructions specifically for an MX6, please post them. I'm sure there are a lot of people, including me, that want to have them.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
so where are the instructions at?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yeah i dug it up because one where the hell isjpmx6gt at? And second i got a schematic for an msd install that includes a 3055 NPN transistor, what the hell is that and why would i need it and how does it work?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Think of that transistor as a relay... It does just about the same thing, it's just smaller. The computer sends a low current signal to it and it then sends a higher one to the coil; you can also think of it as a simple switch.

The reason it's in the diagram is because in most cases, you need to bypass the internal one inside the disty.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
where do I get one at?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts