Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi yall. i took my mud flaps off today. it gives the car much more of a sleek look. just wondering if anyone else has done this?

oh and also...the little dangly rubber thing that hangs down next to the right rear wheel and scrapes the ground...what exactly does that thing do? does it discharge static or somethin? cause it looks ugly so i curled it around under the car so its not visible.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Put on some nylon boardshorts and go for a drive.

Then when you get out. ZAP.

Its a feature that came with our cars.
The Trick is, let your women get out 1st.

As for mudflaps. I hated them also...

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Yes there are holes. The plastic screws are still in there.

You will find that you will need to give it a cut/polish behind them.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
leaves small holes that arent noticeable unless ur really looking for holes hehe

·
Registered
182 Posts
I haven't had mine on for 3 years :D why is it that one side always seems to droop before the other? So many TX5's 626's with flaps have one side saggin' :confused:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well everyone/everything has to have one thing that sags more than the other!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) hehe

Regards

Zako

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
yeah i have a sagging mudflap, i keep screwing it back in but it just keeps coming out again.

but i cant believe you guys prefer the flap-less look!! i have a mate with a tx5 who also took them off and i told him he was crazy.

somehow in a wierd subtle sort of way they make the car appear to look better, and lower!!.. so im keeping mine.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it does seem to make the car look lower with them on, but the also make the car look a lot older and dirtier for some reason. try taking them off and it looks a lot sleeeeeker :)

but yeah who cares. they only mud flaps lol

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I keep mine on and fornt ones were recently re-sprayed.
they fade the bastads.
Wagon has both like mx6 but also in fornt of the rear arch and front ones are balck painted backs are just about every shade of gray.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is part of the reason i tok them off. also since my car is lowered, the bottom of the mud flaps scrape the ground on humps etc and they are all raggedy. the front ones should certainly be removed. but if u like the loweed look, keep the rear ones on only and remove the front ones.

take a look at any new sports car and u wont see any mud flaps :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts