Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear guys,

I was wondering, I'm thinking about buying a supersprint freeflow exhaust on my mazda mx-6 ls. they don't make a special one for my car but they make a universal muffler. i had called them up, they gave me three sizes for this specific muffler type, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm. I'm very confused because I'm afraid it might hang or might not fit right(the cannister itself). What is the stock cannister size? So if anyone has advice, please let me know before I go crazy...LOL!!!

thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That's a good question. I've never bothered to find out the specific size of the stock mufler. I think that no matter what the size is, you can get it installed. I've seen mufflers on an MX6 that arebig and round and almost rub th eground when the car is driven.... I'll try to find out by tonight but someone will probably responde by then. Good luck!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Are they the sizes of the piping or the sizes for the muffler tips? For sure, that can not be the sizes of the mufflers. Usually there is only one size of muffler for a particular model, but it comes with different size for the piping and the tip.

[Edited by coldnoodle on 11-15-2000 at 07:34 PM]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts