Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
During the first few months of owning my car, I raced a red mustang full of women with tampons stuck all over the car. Quite interesting if I do say so my self. I killed em twice in a row, don't know weather it was an automatic or they just didn't know how to drive.

I don't know if anyone else has ever raced a car with tampons all over it, but it's quite a distraction :) Maybe the tampons were creating drag :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Re: *shudder*

that a boy, with or without the tampons, those mustangs are way to rated, we gotta let those horse people know who we are,

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
GT

It was definately a GT V8. Like I said, dunno wether or not it was an auto, they had no idea how to drive, or maybe the tampons were creating drag :) Either way, they tried and failed!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
The car's only half of it...

I think people really overate cars during a race. I could drive an old station wagon with a manual transmission, stick my sister in friggin' lamborgini and I'd have a damned good chance at it. When you look at numbers, that's pretty much the max a car puts out and it takes makers many, many runs to get the times they want. In a race where manual transmissions are involved and the two car's are fairly close, like a second on the 0-60, the race is all driver. I'll admit, I've been reamed before by souped up vettes and babied stangs, but I've never in my life been beaten' off the line in my 6. My opinion? I think the right driver could beat a GT Stang. I have.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's defiately possible, but it depends on the year. From 87-92, the GT's had 225hp, but in '93 emissions standards changed, and the MGT was dropped to 205hp. I have expiericed this. I raced a '93 once and took it out no problem. Let's face it 205hp isn't all that much when your car weighs over 3300lbs. Well, 225hp isn't fantastic either for that matter. Either way, it probably would end up leaning toward the better driver, but I do think that the Mustang might have the advantage off the line with the extra torque and rear wheel drive. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Torque

Don't forget the 280 lbs of torque that MGT is pullin. Im sorry but I dont think a MX6/Probe V6 could take a MGT auto stock for stock. I have driven all three and the mustang is way faster. And yes they do run low to mid 14's in a 5 speed. The v6 MX6 Probe runs mid 15's. I dont think it will drop a sewcond and a half just cause of the tranny. it might but I dont think so. Just my two pennies. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
You people should know that the Mustang GT's only had 260hp in the years 99-01. In the earlier years(94-98) Mustang GT's only had 215 hp. They have alot of torque but aren't that fast. I have ridden in one and it wasn't the greatest. 215hp in a big heavy car isn't that much. Most of them think they have 260hp and that they are fast and that mustangs can beat any car in the world. Once I heard a Gt owner say he could be a Z28 stock and i almost kicked his ass just for saying that. Z28 have 305hp. 90 more than his Gt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Torque

joshrea said:
And yes they do run low to mid 14's in a 5 speed. The v6 MX6 Probe runs mid 15's.
Actually I saw the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for both the '93PGT and the '93 Mustang GT(yes, the 5-speed) listed side by side and the Probe GT was faster, not by much, but it was. They were both in the mid 15's. Maybe a Cobra from then would break into the 14's but not the GT. That torque doesn't mean much when it all has to be used to push that extra 400 or so lbs of the Mustang that we don't have. So it is possible for us Probe/MX-6 owners to take an MGT from that time sotck for stock, if you know how to drive your car. Mods make it even more possible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
MX6 M Edition said:
In the earlier years(94-98) Mustang GT's only had 215 hp.
Im sorry your wrong. 1st of all the 94 and 98 are two different engines. The 94 was still the pushrod 5.0 and the 98 is the newer modular 4.6. The 98's were pushing nearly 245hp at the flywheel where as the kl03 engine is pushing 165. Thats 80 hp difference. Cmon now people. You give our cars a bad name when you go around telling everyone that you can beat everything on the road. I mean some of you are saying the torque doesnt matter becuase it weighs 300 lbs more. OMG its got twice the torque. The Probe/MX6 has a lot of great traits. It handles amazing! But it cannot beat a Mustang GT in a straight line. Maybe one or two of you beat an auto 5.0 mustang but that doesnt mean you can beat any mustang. I have seen with my own eyes a 98 MGT run a 14.6 bone stock. You need to do some work on a MX6 or probe before it will run 14s. Just my two pennies.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Im sorry your wrong. 1st of all the 94 and 98 are two different engines. The 94 was still the pushrod 5.0 and the 98 is the newer modular 4.6. The 98's were pushing nearly 245hp at the flywheel where as the kl03 engine is pushing 165. Thats 80 hp difference. Cmon now people. You give our cars a bad name when you go around telling everyone that you can beat everything on the road. I mean some of you are saying the torque doesnt matter becuase it weighs 300 lbs more. OMG its got twice the torque. The Probe/MX6 has a lot of great traits. It handles amazing! But it cannot beat a Mustang GT in a straight line. Maybe one or two of you beat an auto 5.0 mustang but that doesnt mean you can beat any mustang. I have seen with my own eyes a 98 MGT run a 14.6 bone stock. You need to do some work on a MX6 or probe before it will run 14s. Just my two pennies. [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree. I have an automatic with the Mustang GT engine in it. I don't have as good of an air intake or an exhaust or tranny. I would have to do quite a few small mods to hang with a stick Mustang. I do pretty well against the automatic Mustangs but the sticks are out of the question right now. I believe that it is a fair assumption that if I can beat a stick V6 MX6 (doubt it was modded much, and I only raced two) and a Mustang GT stick can beat me it should be fair to say that a stick Mustang can beat a MX6. I would rather have the style of the MX6 though!!!! Mustangs are almost all tradition, not really as much innovation...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I agree with you completely. This is a true life story. A few years back, when my MX6 GT turbo was still fully stock, I was out with a friend and I was at a red light when a Mustang GT Convertible pulled up. This was back when the 5.0 was still the engine in the GT. That Mustang also had two people. The light turned green and we both took off hard at the same time. I could tell he had a stick because of the shifting sound.

Dead even. All the way up to about 90. Thats were we both laid off. Now I know that the Convertible weights more and that is exactly my point. If I was stock and he was not a convertible, the 5sp Mustang would have had me. By how much I dont know.

Unfortunatley I have never raced a stick Stang GT but I did race a 98 auto Stang GT and I won that one by about 2 car lengths at about 80. But the stick makes all the difference.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
(hehehe... since people have been bringning old posts back from the dead... I figured I'd do the same for a good laugh)

And whatever happened to Apollo anyway... he was a good guy even though i think 99% of the people here won't remember him. Hell even Rick wasn't on the boards yet when Apollo posted. What a good guy. Maybe this will reach him somehow.

In fact all these guys were regular posters... whatever happened to em I wonder???

For anyone that reads this now... say hello to the starters of the mx6 community. You can thank them for this board's foundation.
:)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
aggiedj02 said:
(hehehe... since people have been bringning old posts back from the dead... I figured I'd do the same for a good laugh)

And whatever happened to Apollo anyway... he was a good guy even though i think 99% of the people here won't remember him. Hell even Rick wasn't on the boards yet when Apollo posted. What a good guy. Maybe this will reach him somehow.

In fact all these guys were regular posters... whatever happened to em I wonder???

For anyone that reads this now... say hello to the starters of the mx6 community. You can thank them for this board's foundation.
:)
damn man what are you doing.. :p

i read the whole tampons thing and thought wait a minute i know ive seen that before.. and even then it was an old post... wtf. :)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Thank You!
Thank You!
Thank You!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

~rc

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got the e-mail notification for this thread, and I was like "damn, that's an old ass thread" I had to come look just to see who dug the damn thing up. :jump:

I stillstand by my original posts...even though it was well over 2 years ago. :D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
thecause17 said:
I got the e-mail notification for this thread, and I was like "damn, that's an old ass thread" I had to come look just to see who dug the damn thing up. :jump:

I stillstand by my original posts...even though it was well over 2 years ago. :D
welcome back man!!! Maybe you will start posting again :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Well since this thread was brought up from god knows when, I think I'll throw my $.02 in...

96-98 auto GT's are the ONLY Mustang GT's the MX-6/PGT (5 speed) have a chance of beating.

So not the Fox Body (even auto's) and sure as hell not the 99+ GT's.

Nuff said!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts