Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the newer ones (99-01). We came up to a light, right when I got to the light it changed and I reved it to 2800rpms and droped the clutch. I got some spin but I stayed 1.5cars in front of him and shut it down at 100mph. I know it had a exhaust and maybe an intake. I heard it when he did a ricer fly by after I beat him. He made me break my downpipe:lol:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
It was the newer ones (99-01). We came up to a light, right when I got to the light it changed and I reved it to 2800rpms and droped the clutch. I got some spin but I stayed 1.5cars in front of him and shut it down at 100mph. I know it had a exhaust and maybe an intake. I heard it when he did a ricer fly by after I beat him. He made me break my downpipe:lol:
HAHAHA!!! He pulled a ricer fly-by? That's too funny!!!

I have a vid of a Mustang driver racing an s2000 on the highway (the worst possible place one would want to race an s2000, and this moron does it) and loses... and then afterwards says it was dead even.

Sometimes I wonder if people are watching to same things

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
hey aggied, I am strongly considering a 99 mgt...what mods are there?

Obviously theres exhaust,CAI or FIPK from k&n(which would be better?), have you used super chip?

I know edelbrock has the 75mm TB

crower cams?

any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ckozlgod said:
hey aggied, I am strongly considering a 99 mgt...what mods are there?

Obviously theres exhaust,CAI or FIPK from k&n(which would be better?), have you used super chip?

I know edelbrock has the 75mm TB

crower cams?

any suggestions would be appreciated
the aftermarket for the Mustang varies. It depends on which year model you want? A 5.0 (best choice IMO for all out potential and bang for buck), a 96-98 4.6L non-PI head (best looking body style, but slow in performance, can be changed by swapping heads to a PI head which are stock on 99+ models), or the 4.6L PI head Mustang.

For the model I have, the aftermarket is still new, and growing everyday, and there already is anything and everything out for it as it is. BAsic bolt-ons such as exhaust, H-pipe or x-pipe, shorty headers/med length headers, or LT's, intakes, intake plenums, cams, intake manifolds, suspension mods, asthetic mods, s/c kits, twin and single turbo kits, TB's, clutches and flywheels, the list goes on and on and on.

The other good thing is you can buy a 4.6L car, and drop the NAvi 5.4L engine in, and it responds to mods the same as the 4.6L, but starts out with about 40hp extra!!!

You name it, it prolly exists. You might see a lot of cars that look like yours out, but this also means cheaper prices for parts, cheaper labor, and more tech help when something goes wrong.

Go to www.stangnet.com and www.corral.net and start learning!!! It is a fun website, and the ppl know A LOT!!! Corral is prolly the better of the two places for tech info, but stangnet just has a great vibe IMO.

Anyway, I hope I began to answer your question. I was overwhelmed at the aftermarket when I first got mine, and the 4.6L Mustang aftermarket sucks compared to the 5.0L. So just dig in!!!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Yeah, the only 2 drawbacks to getting one is the fact that I see them all the time around here (but good point about the mods/parts being abundant).

2nd drawback is that rwd isnt great to have in michigan.But there is so much potential for this car, it's hard to pass up.

I still have a few months to think about it but I am compiling a list of what I am considering and the pros and cons.

But thanks it was very helpful.

Also getting a ticket won't be too fun since I am 19
:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts