Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Do you have any video of any of those cars actually driving?
hmm I did just get a digital camera that does video, or my phone does video, too. I don't know how to load the videos or what format the camera uses, yet. When i took the pictures they were both getting new sets of tires, otherwise i would have done a video. What would i shoot though, me standing on the side of the road with car driving by ? The car taking off quick? I'll do it and post it here when the weather is above freezing. It will be easier to create the illusion of traction for ya then.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Finally, someone who appreciates hard work. Thanks chaddy. I am trying to figure out how to host a video on utube from my digital camera so you can see these things doing some wheel spin.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
i want to see those things go, hurry up and figure it out haha

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have another thread about this, but it fits perfectly...unlike the engine
BAM

and thats my blurry gf behind it, she doesn't always look like that, usually she has a tight little body

·
Registered
993 Posts
i heard that there is a 5.0 kit for the focus a mustange,from a musty made one for the focus but i havent read nothing about one yet :confused:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I love these swaps!!! awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
ha. welcome back

hopefully my sho will come together within next month. goin to get motor/ecu/harness this weekend

·
Registered
92 Posts
Turbo rotaries are not reliable. The older 12a and NA 13b is pretty good ... but boost isn't their friend. But, rotaries are light and have few moving parts. But, a aluminum V6 would be lighter as the rotaries are iron.

(how did I not see the page list at the bottom of page 1? Sorry for the crazy late reply.)

·
Registered
266 Posts
my coworker has a 91 Boosted/tuned SHO. 3.2L V6 from yamaha swapped into his MTX (3.2's were only available w/ auto, 3.0 came with manual). he did some head/intake/porting work to it too. the thing is a monster. hes gotta have close the 300whp at 5-7psi. by the end of may he should be running 10 psi. but yeah.
those things are quick.

my $0.02

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Bump because my SHO engine is in the garage :)

3.2 from an ATX
SHOShop Y pipe coming
Fidanza coming
3.0 cams coming
AC/PS delete
DXD 6 puck
Vulcan MTX

jphillips, can you take pics of the lower engine mounts? I know the passenger cross member from the vulcan probe will swap over...what about the other?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
In for video of the nitrous fed 929 powered RX7!

That sounds like hilarious win.

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
zach. you dont need to swap any of the crossmembers.....if youre using the vulcan box, the vulcan mounts bolt up just like the f2 h type. all youre gonna need to do is custom make the pass side mount

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
zach. you dont need to swap any of the crossmembers.....if youre using the vulcan box, the vulcan mounts bolt up just like the f2 h type. all youre gonna need to do is custom make the pass side mount
IIRC, doesn't the SHO and Vulcan share a common bottom passenger engine mount? If so, the probe's cross member will swap over...maybe my research was wrong? I know about the transmission mounts. :D

41 - 60 of 67 Posts