Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot of people posting about there kills with the 2.5liter V6 but not to many with the 2.0. Does anybody have any good kill stories for the 2.0? I know I am able to take a stock 95' Mustang V6 but I dont know if that means anything. :0

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can take a V6 Mustang with a 2.0 MX6? I highly doubt it. Is yours a 5spd or auto? I raced a GT Mustang with my V6 MX6 and till about 40 we were even but then he passed me... I now have a '00 Celica GT, raced a V6 Mustang, I could take it of the line no problem.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have a ton of race stories involving my 2.0

·
Registered
379 Posts
Actually, four-banger MX-6s (especially the lighter first-gen) can run with '99 and older V6 Mustangs; said cars have a weak 3.8L V6 producing only about 150 horsepower. However, the 2000 Stangs got a big power boost to the V6 (up to 200 hp), enough to beat any 4-cyl MX-6 handily.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I recently killed a Grand AM V6 with my 2.0.. I'm running high 7 0-60's with little modification..

I've ran a 97 or 98 V6 Mustang.. It was almost neck and neck until 3rd gear..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, studentku I have done it more than once and yes it is a 5 speed. Unless they make a 4 cylinder for the 95 or 96 mustang's then it had to of been a V6.

·
Registered
135 Posts
V6 mustangs are actually a pretty easy kill. a typical case of all show, no go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
MAYBE

well ford's in general are always behind in the power race... i mean the mustang is always getting spanked by camaro's and firebird's of equal price range..i think we could beat the spankstang but no chance against camaro or firebird.... especially if its a z28/trans am whether or not we have the V6 mX or not

·
Registered
734 Posts
Actually Ford makes a car that can hang with a McLaren, registering 235mph+ and 720bhp. Ford just doesn't make cars like that for the road. Automatic Mustangs are one of the slower cars I have ever raced, so I can see how a 4cyl mx6 can hang or take one if it is driven and modded properly. The new stick Mustang V6's are pretty quick and I don't thing i'll see a 4cyl MX6 take one any time soon.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You must be talking about the Ford GT90.

·
Registered
734 Posts
POP!

Rbodeman said:
You must be talking about the Ford GT90.
OH YEAH!!! But, they have to keep the damn thing from blowing up in the middle of a race. We all know well that the MX6 and PGT run good!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My 2.0 mx6 killed a 96 mustange,a 2000 mustang v-6, and also burned a 95 firebird v-6 with no problem at all,

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i have a 2.0 and i beat v-6 mustangs and camaros. in fact i beat all the mustang GT's from 88 to 00. maybe the lower atmospheric pressure hurts the bigger engines more. or maybe its the NM drivers. i beat a 92 5.0 with 4 people in my car! (but he had an auto and 4 ppl in his car too) i was expecting to lose that one. i cant wait til racing season when i can go avenge my previous losses. (actually now that i think about it most of the 99-00 GT's stay right by my side)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.