Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me?
MX-6(88),2200cc,turbo, it is overheat when driving on rise or on hot weather.
Both two fans are normal. Radiator and coolant have been replaced and checked. Only water pump have not been replaced. No one know the problem in my side.
Please give me some advise and you will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does your thermostat ever go past the halfway point? I had problems also driving my car in hot weather where the temperature of my engine would rise, that's normal for cars in hot weather. Since we have turbo's, oure engines get warm quick at idles. But once you are moving around 40mph+ it starts to cool off. Just make sure to keep your engine oil checked and cleaned. Clean oil lubes your engine better, making for less friction and strain on the engine. During the summer, I change my oil ever 2k miles.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Temp of MX6, highest point?

A question I have been wanted to ask other MX6 turbo owners. How far past middle has/does your temp go?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Mine goes directly in the middle. It never goes higher or lower. My old nonturbo mx-6 was more like a 1/4 of the way up most of the time, right in the middle when idling in traffic for a while in warm weather, and when it's cold out, the guage barely moves up, necessitating the use of cardboard in front of the radiator :). ANd yes the thermostat had been replaced a few times, made no difference.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
On mine, the only thing I noticed, was if I ran it hard, on a hot day, it would just barely go a little past the middle. But we're talking on like a 109F day.

I would change your thermostat, and put in a lower temp one 1st. Sounds like that is the only thing you haven't done. It may also be possible that your temp guage is off--althought that is unlikely.

I hope you bought a new radiator, not a used one.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've had my car since it was new and it stays dead on the middle at all times and in all conditions after it has a few minutes to warm up. There have only been 3 exceptions to that, and that's why I've got a couple of new hoses and a new radiator (each time there was a leak and I lost coolant).
Beach
'91 GT.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine has a couple times went over the half way point, by just a smidge. From my experience's as long as the engine oil is good, your coolant is filled, and there aren't any hardware leaks and whatnot, the turbo 6 will stay around the middle. I believe the turbo 6's run hot. It naturally runs hotter than the non turbo's, but if it goes past the halfway point a lot there might be a deeper problem. A way to test my theory would be to remove your turbo and see if it runs cooler, but who would do that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your opinion

Thank you all for giving opinions. From website In my side, they want me to replace a bigger radiater and fan run highest speed from starting the engine. I hope it is useful.
If you want to know my repair details, contact me by [email protected]
Thank you all again, and have a nice day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts