Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Does your thermostat ever go past the halfway point? I had problems also driving my car in hot weather where the temperature of my engine would rise, that's normal for cars in hot weather. Since we have turbo's, oure engines get warm quick at idles. But once you are moving around 40mph+ it starts to cool off. Just make sure to keep your engine oil checked and cleaned. Clean oil lubes your engine better, making for less friction and strain on the engine. During the summer, I change my oil ever 2k miles.

· Registered
142 Posts
Mine has a couple times went over the half way point, by just a smidge. From my experience's as long as the engine oil is good, your coolant is filled, and there aren't any hardware leaks and whatnot, the turbo 6 will stay around the middle. I believe the turbo 6's run hot. It naturally runs hotter than the non turbo's, but if it goes past the halfway point a lot there might be a deeper problem. A way to test my theory would be to remove your turbo and see if it runs cooler, but who would do that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.