Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 base Mx-6 and I as wondering how much it would cost to add wheels and tires from an LS model, as well as fog lights (would this be possible?) Would either of these affect the car in any way? I don't want to do something that might damage the car. Also, is it difficult to add wind deflectors to the car, and how does this look? If anyone has any information, let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im pretty sure the car will have the same bolt configuration. But if you are looking for LS rims, I may be selling mine as well as my 205/55/15 tires.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am selling fog lights off of my 1993 LS, im selling them for $250 or best offer, other people said the best price they could find for the lights was $300.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i got a set of ls wheels with brand new tires, for sell for 375 plus shipping, the tires have about 500 miles on them and the rims look great there came off a 93

G

·
I think unless you found the stock ls rims used you would be better off buying aftermarket 15 in wheels. As for the fog lights, the stock ones really suck. they are not bright at all. your better of going with different ones for cheaper that will also work better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
first of all (JPMX6GT) where did you het the lights for the fog lights?? and anyways im selling my 95ls chrome wheels and new tires for 350.00 plus shipping,, they look pretty tight if your trying to keep your mx6 original!!

·
Registered
830 Posts
You should be able to get those Piaa lights at local performance shop. Our OEM fog is only 35W, that's why it's so dim. You can get 55W or even 100W bulbs, but they also have a kind that uses 35W but is as bright as the 55W, look for 35W/55W on the label.

·
Registered
216 Posts
this might sound dum but:can you tell me how to install them?

·
Registered
830 Posts
you have to go from bottom of the bumper. First, use screw driver to remove all the screws on the cover(at the side that is facing down to the ground) After that, unlock the locking pin in the light housing. Then take out the light bulb and disconnect the wire. put back in the bulb, lock the pin and cover it up. when you are taking it out, try to remember how it goes, and just do the same steps to put it back.

*when you look at the base of the light bulb, there are two notch on it, their shapes are different, that is because it only goes into the housing in certain way, be careful.

*when installing the bulbs, don't touch the glass part of the bulb or it will shorten the life of the bulb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts