Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sup people. Heres an interesting link i found.
http://www.dcdesign.co.in/Ibserv_cus_ext_int.htm
Its for a guy called Dilip Chhabria. He is a car designer. He can design a car for you. But heres his speciality he can take an existing car and Produce completely new body and sheet metal to completely transform the body. Ill be posting a sample of his work. Now heres the fun part Il be going to India Next year and it occoured to me why not meet the man... His quotes though expensive are nothing compared to what it might cost me to fix up my car here.. (BTW he built the prototype for the latest Aston Martin car that Aston Martin then showed to the world)

Ne ways heres what he can do

Heres a MR2 based car he created.

Heres one based on the Nobel m12

Heres a custom car created with ... a Lancer EVO (WOW)

there are many more. He can do just about anything with the car's body shell and sheet metal. Many rich people in india drive his creations some his origional creations, some fantasy cars created from ordinary cars etc. One of his specialities is to improve the cars general dynamics too. I think the MX-6 would be a VERY good candidate for this kind of transformation. I was wondering if people have any sketches they made or whatever of the 6 that want to turn into reality.As you can see by his designs on his website he can maintain the general body shape or create something completely different. I wil contact him in a few days for a quote.

Basically he creates custon body panels.

Oh he does interiors also ald I dont just mean colors he can craft a entirely new interior and layout.(just look at the EVO example)

SO people any ideas people.. It might be interesting.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH By the way he can creat custom headlights lights, tails light housing etc also...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Of course we all have $300,000 laying around to do a model mockup, another $200,000 to fabricate and another $100,000 to import back to the US, than build 5 more version at around $100,000 a piece to crash test and smog.

Oh wait he's in India, reduce fabrication cost to half and triple import price.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
parisifal said:
Oh wait he's in India, reduce fabrication cost to half and triple import price.
ROFLmao 8

·
Registered
749 Posts
Much as I love my car, I would not dream of spending the amounts of money I imagine he's asking to fix up a car that's only worth a couple of grand. I can dream about spending money I don't have on plenty of other things.
Having said that, I think that MR2 is fricking sweet. Kinda let himself down on the evo though.
Maybe you could let him know that he's likely to have a good market if he started knocking up some different style lights.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Hot Cheese said:
Much as I love my car, I would not dream of spending the amounts of money I imagine he's asking to fix up a car that's only worth a couple of grand. I can dream about spending money I don't have on plenty of other things.
Having said that, I think that MR2 is fricking sweet. Kinda let himself down on the evo though.
Maybe you could let him know that he's likely to have a good market if he started knocking up some different style lights.
I'm sure a guy making prototypes for Aston Martin is gonna jump to create a few headlights to sell on an internet forum:urg: . It'd be kewl but there isn't even a possibility of it.

metros

(edit)Just thinking about headlights. Whatever happened to the company that was supposed to be designing some for our cars? Anybody have any info?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts