Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a little bingle on the way to one of the computer parts suppliers today. Luckily I called in staff to cover me so I could take the whole day off. Whole day wasted cos of a silly noob P-Plater. :sigh:

Fibreglass bumper was hard as anything. Lower part of the rear apron actually pushed in the beaver panel just below the rear locks. Hopefully car is not a write-off.

Looks like a good time to re-do the paint and get a MOULD of the bodykit for below.. :cool:

on a lighter note.. found this sitting in my car bay at work tonight...

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
jeeeze...that'd have to piss you off.....its almost ironic that the tidier the car is the harder it is to keep it that way....maybe other drivers are too busy admiring the paint work to look where theyre going

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MX-6 goes BEWMMMMMMMM

the weird thing is, accident took place on the freeway, on the LEFT hand lane where people are merging from an exit.

Maybe I should change the paintwork to matte black so the car is incognito :cool: I'll get a quote for a whole respray and a clone of the kit for my other car while I'm at it :shrug:

If you look closely at pic 2, the L/R wheel arch had a crack before hand when the car was lowered to 70mm and the car bottomed out over a speed bump.
And also pic 3 when I was late to work and drowsy and reversed into a 1in dia. metal gate. Gate was pushed in :p ... custom fibreglass kits are HARD.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Let me guess...
Lake Monger Drive/Vincent Street onramp?

Annoying after all the time, money and effort that goes into things, and someone ruins it all. Hope it gets back on the road soon...I still remember when I first saw you car one night in Northbridge...best 1st Gen I had seen.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Is that an aerial on your rear quarter panel?
Kit looks nice- one of the few that actually suit the car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dmwill: nah, going the opposite way along Mitchell Freeway north, 500m before Powis St entry. Lanes were merging.. P-Plater must have had a brain-fart while driving.. then BEWWMMMM!!

Boosting6: Yeah, Harada MX-20. Got it 10years ago from Alberts Vic Park. Funnily enough my other MX-6 has a similar style aerial on it too.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Spotted [STEVENS] today parked in Northbridge...I am assuming you work at the internet cafe there or something?

·
Premium Member
3,096 Posts
sorry to hear about the accident. It will probably be worse than it looks. if the rear beaver panel and spare wheel well is bent, my guess is that it will be written off. The rear guards don't look bent though, so that's a good sign.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Noooooo, don't say write off :(

Spare wheel well isn't bent, only the beaver panel and bottom lock mechanism has been pushed in 1-2 inches. Exhaust is fine and car is drivable.

Things that need to be replaced will be the rear lights, and possibly a new rear boot...
and of course fixing up the beaver panel and a new metal rear bar(under the actual bumper) At any rate worst case scenario, I could offer the repairer extra to quote that the job DOES get done. One weeks worth of pay, for me anyway:shrug:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the bumper off, yay

Well, after work I managed to take a few happy snaps.

Don't mind the drinks :eek: Fibreglass rear bar has still retained its shape, should hopefully still be quite easy to repair/mould.

Rear Left arch 'bottomed out' going over a speed bump when the car was super low. Suppose a PLUS for this accident, now going to get fixed.

Looks to be the points of impact. Fibreglass rear bar is super strong. Instead of fracturing and cracking, it has held its shape and transferred all of the force into the circled points.

·
Registered
545 Posts
ouch! so its not a write off?
My friends R32 got hit like you and pushed that rear bar inwards abit, some places wanted 2K to fix it.

hupmh SA for you.. -.-!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
AusTerror: Yeah it should. It was the company ute, and there was a witness aswell who pulled over. And hopefully the guy will get slapped 3 demerits too :mad:

Redmx_tx5: Not too sure if its a write off, as long as the damage is not over the sum insured for the vehicle. I'm guessing its about 3-4k damage.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Put up a pic of the front bar if not stock!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Getting a written quote tomorrow.

sorry to see mate, i hope you can get it fixed
Should be able to get it fixed, rough estimate for the panel work itself was $1800. The rear bar will need to be fixed also, doubt it would be over $2,000 though(rear bar was fitted around 2004 or so and I dont recall paying anything near that).

Boosting6:

Old photo, 2002 or so.

·
Registered
233 Posts
OMG your car is delicious!! This Harada MX-20 kit u speak of, is it actually designed for mx6's or is there another car its made for?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts