Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its getting annoying! nearly everytime i get in my car and drive on a higher speed road (45+) i'll be accelerating in 3rd or 4th gear...just enough throttle to spool the turbo and a second or two(or 3) later it beeps and cuts the throttle...right before it happens the car feels llike a dog...it doesnt move....its NOT overboosting, i know what 12psi feels like and this is like 3psi if any! i think there is a leak somewhere...i know its not an intercooler hose..or that upper elbow hose...i put new ones on when i replaced my turbo...Anybody else with this problem?

Let me know!
Eric

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Hook up an A/F guage and watch it when it does this. I had a similar problem on my car, and noticed that the engine was barely getting any fuel when this happened. THe problem mysteriously went away though. Just an idea.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
it sounds to me like its not getting enough air into the turbo, or not enough fuel ... one of the two...
when my car broke down in georgia, that intake attachment on the right side of the turbo ended up to be cracked on the lower ring...

check all your pipes and make sure they're sealed and happy , then check the fuel pump, make sure its getting right amount of fuel into the system...

-meaty

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
anarchy, maybe you just had some crap in the fuel line clogging it a bit ? it may have disentigrated, making the problem "mysteriously" go away...

-meaty

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will try that next week when i have access to my fathers tools(hes got high-tech meters and whatnot and he knows how to use them to their fullest extent) anyhow i noticed something else...when its not cutting out or having any problems, it sounds like it always did(like most of them do) but when it cuts boost it sounds alot louder and sounds like your blowing air into a cup....real loud but not hissy like it does normally...could this be another symptom?

Eric

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Is the sound kinda like a jet? Then you might have an intermittnet boost leak. I'm battling with a boost leak myself. Dosent sound as severe as yours, but mine's impossible to find. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YES it sounds like a JET....sometimes it will sound like it should(whistle) and othertimes its like blowing into a cup or something, real nasal...i played with the throttle right before it happened and the noise varied with the amount of throttle, so i think i have a boost leak

Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts