Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....I wanna get an MX-6/Probe meet set up sometime soon while the weather is nice for anyone in or near Winnipeg! It should take place on a Weekend...most likely Saturday. I will be away for 1 1/2 weeks...but, as soon as I get back, hopefully a date will have been reached. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] for you feedback. At least a 2 week notice should be posted so we (who work) can get a Saturday off.
Hopefully I get feedback soon! I'm thinking of setting one up on June 2. (Saturday) at the University of Manitoba.
However, any smooth, flat and un-dirty spot would be perfect. Got an idea. Let me know. Hope to hear from you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm up for the meet and sometime early in June is excellent. I'll also be away the long weekend, and my car is gonna get looked at on the 18th. I got into an accident with some bitch in my shit ass car. She cuts me off and ended up denting my front passenger side. Just took off on me and I reported it as a hit and run. So hopefully I'll have the car back early June. I'm up for it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damm that's harsh....well....someone just 2 days ago at the U of Manitoba kicked off my passenger mirror! I came out at like 11pm and it was just hangin there by the wiring harness! I reported it to the Campus Police (like they'll do shit) and he gave me some black electrical tape! I have since then cut the wires away and threaded a bolt through it! The piece that connects the mirror to the car itself however was broken in two! I bolted on the mirror and glued the other piece on! So, from outside it doesn't look that bad however, inside that plastic triangle cover won't go over the big bolt! (i'll have to find a smaller one!)
Anyway, sorry to hear about the car dude! Some woman just can't drive! (expecially in Winnipeg!) Later,

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will......just give me something to work with! Either give me an email or call me at my place. 257-3981. Just wanna see what we have you know! Anyway, give me some info on some EXACT dates etc......Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
cool i won't mind checking your rides out!!!

just tell me when!! you guys should hit our board and keep in touch regarding the meet or whatever!

LAter, hey any of you go out racing on Sunday or any time of the week for that matter!! if so lets hook up, it's allways cool having a crew of non-honda imports in an honda/mustang city like ours!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I thinks just about any Saturday in June is good 4 me. How about either the first or second Saturday? Maybe the second Saturday would be better. How many mx6 dudes are interested? Let's see if we can get more people out for this one. I see lots of mx6's around town. Hmm... maybe we can get some import models for our meet too... heh heh
Anyway we should find a place where we'll get lots of attention from onlookers. :D

Hey, Mike, where do you go on Sundays? I'm usually cruizin around on the weekends, it seems like nobody ever want 2 race. :( You go 2 Burger Factory or anything like that?

Oh yeah, and Mike, is yours the black one with the Canada emblem and the BIG muthaFakkin yellow bottle? If that's you I saw it parked at the gym last week. Whatevs....

Lataz

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah i cruise the strip on sunday night hit the local street races and go home !!! checking out the races rocks..... last year i raced a modded stang, and my probe got got a standing ovation from at least 100people!!! that was kinda freaky!! but kinda cool at the same time

·
Registered
372 Posts
I didn't see that race but now I know your the guy with the black Probe that I heard took out, rather embarassed that stang. Good job! I hate stangs. So have you guys setted a date yet? Oh btw, who's goin cruising tomorrow night? Hope it doesn't rain.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, I am thinking now of having a meet on June 2nd. That's a Saturday! I think that meeting at place where we can be seen would be awsome! Let me know some idea's and hopefully we'll all show up! Mike, Try and get some Probes out too! We'll swap some stories and ideas! Just yesterday I got pulled over by a Drink and Driving Van. They inspected about 12 cars per time! ( It was a Check-stop ). It was on Waverly right by the entrance of Linden Woods. Anyway, turns out my insurance was due 3 1/2 months ago!! So, they took off my plates, had my car towed back to my house ( $54.00 ), and gave me a fine of $370.00!!! I paid my insurance today and will fight the $370.00. I did not get a letter in the mail and never gave it second thought! Anyway, good thing i never got into any accidents! The tires for my rims will have to wait now though! DAMMIT! Anyway, give me some idea's as to where you guys would like to meet up! Later,

·
Registered
143 Posts
JDean.... June 2nd sounds fine to me. What would be a good loc on a Sat afternoon? Maybe the forks, the legislature, any of the popular parks assiniboine or st vital...

I'd like to go cruizin tomorrow if the weather is ok. The forecast calls for rain though... :mad:

·
Registered
143 Posts
damn...

mikeb, that's cool, had a good time at the track eh? i should have gone 2 check it out, only thought of it too late.

i'm totally down 4 cruizin 2nite. it's supposed to rain, but it seems to be holding out for now. i'll go out 4 a while until the weather breaks.

mikeb, when r u hittin the strip? i'll go anytime after i eat sumthin. where r u gonna be?

·
Registered
39 Posts
that was a pretty good night eh ZOOMZOOM, did you think you would of seen that much racing????

we had tons of probes out 6 or so and 1 mx-6, where was everyone else!?!?!?! we lost chris so actually we had 5probe GT's

·
Registered
372 Posts
We should do that meet on June 2nd.. see how many of us will actually show up. Then the day after that, we can get together again and go cruising in one large group of mx-6's/probes. I dunno what everyone else thinks but i figure it might be a cool idea.

·
Registered
143 Posts
eh yo, mike, that was some pretty sweet racing! even though i got my tush spanked, it was fun anyway. well it was my first time, so maybe next time i'll have some idea what i'm supposed to do. by the way, you think you could give me some more pointers, like on the launch, when i need to shift, etc? i guess a lot of it is in the launch. before the next time i need to put in a new fuel filter & give it a tune-up or sumthin, & some tranny fluid. hey, mike, you took out the VRIS, right? did that make an improvement for you? the VRIS mainly improves low-range power, correct?
i think there was a 1st gen mx6 at the races too, did you see it?
& thanks 4 puttin my pic up on MPOC...
damn, the rest of you mx6 guys need to stop sittin around like nerds on a sunday night & come out racing the next time!
anyway, gonna get things cleeeen and shiny for June 2nd. who's comin out to our meet?!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm in.....But, I ain't NO nerd...

Hehe,
Yeah...I never now when I'll be working next but, i have takin of June 2nd..so, it'll be alot of fun! Just lemme know where and what time, coo? ALright, later

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey ZOOM ZOOM,
come to the track with us next test-n-tune the guys can give you a few pointers, i could give you a few pointers but they might not help you cause your care is stock so the power curve is so much differant than my car, examples: cause fo my suspension,nittos,and weak bottom end i have to launch like a lil civic 4500rpm and drop let it spin till she grabs then shift at 7500rpm, if i shift any lower than 7500rpm my car will bog in 2nd gear and i'll loose 0.3-0.4 on my 1/4mile time just like that!!! see what i mean.

anyways i'm up for june2nd what day is that anyways!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
WTF?!

XO Well, I guess our little meet didn't work. Either that or you guys had the meeting without me. :confused: Hmm... I think we need a little better communication. The board being down didn't help either. Anyway,... who's goin cruizzing/racing tonite? @-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts