Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about contacting the SCC or Turbo or Import Tuner through TC Spoilers and ask them if they are interested in doing a issue on the MX-6/Probe. But before I do it, I want to see how everyone thinks about this idea, and any suggestions to give will be mostly welcome.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
That's an awesome idea...but in all honesty I doubt they'd go for it...but it would be sweet!!! Good luck and hope this works out!

·
Registered
216 Posts
good idea

thats a good idea,but whos car?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking about putting together a folder that includes the pictures of club members' MX-6s and their lists of mods. Then if the publisher is interested, I will bring the folder to the publiser. And if they want to do some photo shoot, I can contact those members who live close to the area (Southern California)to come to do a photo session. Or if they see a special car that they like to take some photos, I'm sure they can send people out to take those photos.

Also if Scooby permits, I also like to tell the publisher about the MX6.com club.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know for fact that they did wanted to do some articles about MX-6 about 1.5 year ago. They even had me to bring my car for a photo shoot, but at the end, they just can not find enough people who mod MX6 to generat enough interest. But things are different now, more and more people are fixing up their MX-6 and even enter their cars into car shows, so I think now is a good time to get some recognitions for the MX6/Probe!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
kick-ass idea man, i think your car, coldnoodle, could be on the front cover of any mag. but keep us up dated on the story, good luck man

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
just a thought but if they saw the fixed up 6's on the net and saw the interest generated here and on probetalk, they may go for it...best of luck...

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow, what an awsome idea coldnoodle. I think there is enough of us here to make it happen on SuperStreet or ImportTuner. Minor cars such as Mits Mirage still make it to be featured on those mag, so why not our phat-ass ride too right? It's about time......

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
coldnoodle

coldnoodle, r u saying if we hav epics of your rides in teh net, that r of good quality then u coudl use them in the mag. if so i would maek some phat pics of my ride with mx6this( blue 6) around my area and we can send them to u, i can get a nice camera to use to take some nice pics, his is the shogun blue 6 from nopi, i guess it just depends on when u r going to do this, if u could wait till the start or next year that would be great, any thanks for tring this man

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well i was thinking if we jsut send the pics to u, in the mail, that would be better, and right up what is done to them, and this would show that it is not only a west coast thing but a national thing as well, all the way to the east side, i will ask mx6this about cause he wanted to take some pics anyway, lata

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If we put our heads together, we can accomplish anything

First of all, like Coldnoodle said, The magazines haven't dug deep into the MX6/Probe seen since there wasn't that much of a demand in the import seen for these cars. That was then, this is now. coldnoodle, What needs to be done is we need to show them what kind of a craze there is and how many people are interested in these cars. By that I mean, show them both MX6.com and Probetalk (They know or should know the cars are the same). Then we need to show them the companies that make products for our cars. we need to inform them that the MX6 comunity is alive and ticking and has ben ignored for years. In magazines, I have only seen one article on the "MX Missle" and one on Henry's shogun MX6. if we can compile a list of web sites there are for our cars, a list of total amount of members, a list of all MX6's that have been sponsored by other companies and have attended shows, we should be able to get their attention.

This board has my complete cooperation on whatever it decides. Just let me know if I can be of any help.

·
Registered
179 Posts
not only that, but if we can get some mx6's in some magazines, I bet companies will start making some more upgrades and mods for our cars. It will stir up a lil more bussisness for us 6'ers.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for everyone's reply, I will got to work on this as soon as the school finals are over. At that time, I'm sure I can use all you people's help.

From your posts, I have got a lot of ideas. I'll try to do an outline on what we need and what we can show the publishers, and post it asap. :)

G

·
that is a great idea. i will support you. i live in okc, ok so i dont think they would want to come down her for pictures. I will try to post some pictures up soon for you 6ers to see.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you need any help in putting this thing together just let me know because that would be cool as hell! [email protected]

P.S.
I have to finish my finals first! I'll be done on the 13 of December!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
hey coldnoodle, make sure u use dustin's ride, tight ass 6 right there, but dont forget us over here in NC, me and mx6this, me and him were going to take some pics to gether, and we could send them to if that is cool

1 - 20 of 20 Posts