Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guy was telling me that his 94 probe with the 2.5l in it,same motor as in my 6,was faster because there was some special intake that they put on the probe that they left out on the 6,I asked him what it was and he said some kind of spacer.I looked at him like does this guy even know what he is talking about, is he talking ****.

G

·
The MX-6 and Probe have almost Identical intakes. The only thing I can think regarding a spacer is the phenolic spacers that people have been installing, but that is an aftermarket addition and does it make the car faster? Don't know. We have Identical Engines, Trans, the only thing different is the tire's and rim size and maybe the probe might weigh less? But the spacer thing, who knows, sounds like crap to me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah , this subject always comes out on the probeboard, guys with probes just wont admit the at their rides stock vs stock will get smoked by the mx6

·
Registered
61 Posts
has n-e-1 ever raced a probe????

stock to stock????

juss wonderin'!!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think the major difference between the Probe and MX-6 is in the suspension.. MX-6's ride a bit softer.

Chris

G

·
i beat a probe gt... but we both had intakes and exhast systems... i beat him by half a car length by the time we reached 90

G

·
Probes weigh slightly more, but they are slightly more aerodynamic and have wider tires so it's pretty much even. The only main difference I can think of is the MX6 runs with 9psi less fuel pressure but that doesn't seem to make any difference, they always seem to dyno the same.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I raced a stock 2nd gen probe with my 1st gen Mx6. I beat the guy up to about 50. The race stopped bacause the road merged into one lane. That was the reason for the race. Ha ha.

·
Registered
897 Posts
anyone know the difference in weight? i've never raced an mx-6 before. also i'm not very versed yet on identifying one on the road. how many versions are there? and how do you identify the turboed gt? forgive me ignorance, i'm new here :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i raced the guy with the probe i was talking about and beat him by 2 car length's.He of course blamed the car for something being wrong,but really its just he is a bad driver.But at least he dosen't talk s*** anymore.

·
Registered
44 Posts
BESIDES... i had a friend with a 93 Lumina Z34 auto with the 3.4 DOHC that kicked out almost 220hp... he WASTED.. I MEAN TOTALLY HUMILIATED this one kid we knew that had a 95 V6 5 speed Probe with a few intake and exhaust mod's...so that goes to show u.. course i dont think we could take them either ....i heard there's a Lumina Z34 with the supercharged 3.8 V6 that kicks out an amazing 270HP!!!! but thats rare as hell if u find one of them watch the **** out

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ya know, the PGT's sold more than the MX-6's, so you gotta be thankful for the small market for aftermarket parts that there are for this "Auto Alliance" (MX-6, 626, PGT ---> for all you NEWBIES that don't know..).

Second of all, it is too close to tell. The only differences are the trannys and weight. It is all in the driver.

Another difference is that all 93's ONLY (MX-6 & PGT) have a slightly higher compression ratio, thus making it more UNnoticeably faster.

So why don't you all just KILL this topic... I've been reading the BB's for more than two years (even egroups) and am so DAMN sick of this topic...

[Edited by MX-Sick on 11-28-2000 at 01:19 AM]

G

·
Man, what is wrong with you? The Probe is the same freaking car as the Mx-6. The biggest difference is the Mx-6 is stiffer because it has no hatch. I've driven both, and have worked on both.

Talking crap about the Probe is talking crap about your own car. They are both produced with the same parts in the same plant. Any speed difference you see if probably driver variation as well as individual car variation.

G

·
Ok I saw this topic similar on probetalk, now we do give respect to other MX6 owners and 626 oweners and help them out also, so to be honest all three of our cars are the same, I have a 2.0 probe and I have out ran V6 Mx6 and gt probes and at the same point I have lost to a pgt and a MX6 so neither of the cars are fast they are the same engine, intakes are different were as the 2.0 as maf and the 2.0 MX6 dont and I know that PGT have VRIS which is secondary butterflies now I don tknow if a V6 MX6 has that or not, but we do not need to bashing on each other instead we need to be helping each other and get aftermarket shit out there for our cars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Damn... and I thought racism was pretty much dead. Face it people, the MX-6 isn't any better than the probe. They're EQUAL damnit. I own an MX-6. performance in all categories is so close it could be just production tolerances. I almost never post here. I'm always on Probetalk. And it's things like this that keep me from coming over here more often. Grow up.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Come on guys

Whats with the petty bitchin'? Relax..same damn car...suspensions are tweaked, as are gears..but other than minor stuff...same car..

Quit Bitchin about this crap. gawd..some ppl will just LOOK for an argument.

Darin P
93PGT
Turbo, etc....

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
You may not be here for Ford vehicles but Probetalk existed for a while before this board was active. The MX6 and Probe are virtually the same car minus a few things and the guys at Probetalk have always been respectful to us and helpful with any issues we may have had. Please show them a little more respect then this...

G

·
Help me see what I am missing... Mazda and Ford make things for each other (since as far as I know Ford owns Mazda)... and the fact that the MX6 and PGT are basically the same car, why are hardcore MX6ers dogging Ford? look at your mass air flow sensor, does it say Mazda, no, Ford.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.