Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

441 - 449 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
So I'm looking at how I'm going to connect my Innovate 4X EGT to my Haltech ecu and I don't know if I can.
I emailed both Haltech and Innovate to see what my options are.

I was looking around and it looks like Innovate has a TC-4 Plus that they offer with 4x analog outputs.

The one I have is just the TC-4 with no analog outputs that I can see.

I guess the one I have is just meant to datalog on a laptop or maybe send directly to gauges?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
So I'm looking at how I'm going to connect my Innovate 4X EGT to my Haltech ecu and I don't know if I can.
I emailed both Haltech and Innovate to see what my options are.

I was looking around and it looks like Innovate has a TC-4 Plus that they offer with 4x analog outputs.

The one I have is just the TC-4 with no analog outputs that I can see.

I guess the one I have is just meant to datalog on a laptop or maybe send directly to gauges?
I think your problem is trying to use the TC-4 with the haltech. What voltage signal return do the EGT's put out (I would guess 0-5V). You need to know the voltage range and the temperature range (0-1600 or 0-2000...) of the sensor and find out if the signal is linear then take a sheet of draft paper and mark down (0-5 v) in 20 increments vertically and (0-2000*f) in 100 or 50 degree increments then draw a line from 0v o* to (5v Max degrees) and you will have a voltage to temp chart.
Find 4 auxiliary inputs on the halteck and piggy back the signal from the egt's at the TC-4
Program the halteck to pull timing or add fuel to the cylinder above a certain voltage from that cylinders EGT sensor.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
So I'm going to be using a aftermarket digital dash and I want to use the original speedo gear.

I know the speedo is cable driven but does anyone know if there is there any way to modify the speedo gear so that haltech can receive an analog pulse that it can interpret as speed?

I think I've heard of people modifying them for other cars, anyone know of any write ups?

While searching I found this but nothing about using a hall effect or inductive sensor.

https://www.rx7club.com/1st-generati.../#post11403825

I'm thinking of taking the speedo gear down to the local machine shop and and seeing what they can do. My main concern about that is running out of room in the transmission tunnel.

I'm pretty sure my car doesn't have ABS so I can't tap into that system.

Is there an easy way to add an ABS ring gear and sensor?

Could I possibly use an electronic speedo gear off a newer car such as a rx8 or miata?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
It sits....

:|

My friend that was supposed to work on it hasn't... So I'm not sure what to do... I guess when I go home for thanksgiving I'll take it back and figure something out.

Hope something can come of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,149 Posts

Hope something can come of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh no! You're back. :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

441 - 449 of 449 Posts