Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Updated post 89.

Do you know if the input shafts on the Miata and RX-7 or B2200 match? You've already stated that the B2200 is longer than the RX-7.

It seems that the total length of the transmission + bell housing of the Miata and RX-7 are about 27" while the B2200 is only about 24".

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Test fitting the engine.

Thermostat housing turned 90*, rear thermo bypass coolant nipple moved, n/a distributor gutted out and plugged.

Picked up some b2200 motor mounts from a friend. Its like they were made for the mx6 (they kind of were)
Ah, I think the mounts are a little off though. LOL

I think I need a b2200 starter. mounting holes are a little off.

engine is tilted back just slightly. transmission motor mounts are in. Engine sits on steering rack. I guess I need to lift the rear transmission mounts so that I can level out the engine?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
or get a manual rack like i had. my test fit was almost perfect because the manual rack didnt take up so much space.
also what oil pan are you using?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Well I welded together some mounts, Well if you can call them that. I went out and bought some pieces of angle iron and welded them together to make some kind of makeshift mounts.

I'm having trouble drilling the holes in to to bolt it in.

The main problem I see is the drivers side mount. I'm not sure if the mount I'm making will even work for that side. It looks like I have to suspend the engine above all the metal power steering lines and what not.
I could really use some ideas. I better take some pictures to show you guys.

Right now I'm actually working on my civic, its time to change the timing belt.
So far its been a pain, I miss how easy it was to change it on my mx6.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
or get a manual rack like i had. my test fit was almost perfect because the manual rack didnt take up so much space.
also what oil pan are you using?
this5678

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Did you get figure anything out about the starter/clutch/flywheel combinations?

If you use a full B2200 bell and transmission, would that then require a B2200 starter with B2200/F2 flywheel/clutch?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
you won't even notice the PS is gone with the rx7's manual rack. still smooth as butter.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
i think the only RWD conversion that would not have these problems is the b2200

·
Registered
12,045 Posts

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Thats because it never ran. The SDGC was going on at the same time and SD6 decided not to work on the Datsun anymore once it started. It was nice to bring it to the first showing and I thought we'd still be working on it in the few weeks before competition actually began, but that never happened. I'm not sure where the truck is now?

·
Registered
93 Posts
any progress really interested and actually i am getting everything together to do the same thing basically but im throwing a FE3 into a 94 FD3S RX7
updates please im starving for more info on your build!!!
:p

101 - 120 of 449 Posts