Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was crusing the streets and a Mitsubishi 3000GT pulled up. It looked stock to me so I figure I let him eat my dust. We're reving our engines and the light turned green. As soon as I looked up, he was 3 cars ahead of me. Must've been a sleeper. I know he had something in that engine. Note to all: GT's are fast!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
did u bother to check if it says twinturbo on the sides?
3000GT VR-4 TwinTurboCharged AWD, 0-60 in 4.5 sec
stock.

·
Registered
372 Posts
They do not run 4.5secs 0-60 "stock". Supras run 5.0 0-60 and Supras are way better engineered and they might weigh less also. I'm guessing that you did race a VR-4.. they are more like low to mid 5 0-60 cars.

·
Registered
666 Posts
VR-4 does 0-60 in about 5.5
Don't let the non-turbo 3000's fool you either, they're quicker than you'd think, they have 220 hp.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
what i wanna know guys is what kinda #'s this guy is putting up with all the mods he has on his Signature. seems like you shoudve gave him a little run for his money.....

solar

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hey Solar... good point. I didn't see the turbo or the NOS on his list. I saw body kit and kept reading. Anyways, the 3000GT VR-4 stock runs high 13s to low 14s in the quarter. I've heard numbers as low as 13.6 and as high as 14.2. So in any case a turboed 2nd gen with a 50 shot of NOS should of whooped some GT ass. He had to have some bigger turbos and intercooler. Also Racer did you hear a blow off valve like your car should have. Also, if he had the boost turned up a nice whine should have been audible as well.

To change the subject, can I see some pics of your turbo and NOS Racer. It's hard to have both in an original N/A car without blowing the engine up. I'm just curious how you did it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i bet he doesnt answer aggiedj02. if he does i will not believe it til i see the proof....

solar

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, at least he's not claiming that he won. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he said that he smoked the 3000GT by 10 car lengths with 3 of his boys riding in the car, then I'd have to call BS. But I'll give him a chance to respond.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Solar cracks me up!!!

Hey now solar, you have to give him a chance first. I mean maybe he sat there and spun his tires while the VR4 all-wheel-drive took off with no spin. And maybe just maybe he didn't use his NOS either b/c... god nows why not but you get my point.

It's just everyone so far that claims a turbo kit and NOS has yet to produce any pics. I mean take PHAT6 for example.

http://www.mx6.com/newmx6/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6553&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I am still waiting for some pics of that one. Please link me some pics if anyone has seen them. Also, do not respond to the stupid argument the thread fell into. Thankyou!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hey, i didnt flame one bit :E i just wanna see proof...

solar

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
aggiedj02
you owe me some cash buddy!!! LOL!! its been a week or so and no response...what do ya know. })

solar

·
Registered
231 Posts
waitt.......... Racer M-Ex6
Your sig says you have a DC sport Header?????
You have a 1997 Mazda MX-6 V6
First it wouldn't be a "header" it would be "Header(s)"
Something aint right here

and a Bozz Turbo ????? hummm i think i might have to call a BS on this one

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Mazx6 said:
waitt.......... Racer M-Ex6
Your sig says you have a DC sport Header?????
You have a 1997 Mazda MX-6 V6
First it wouldn't be a "header" it would be "Header(s)"
Something aint right here

and a Bozz Turbo ????? hummm i think i might have to call a BS on this one
[email protected]!!! i called that at the beginning!! this guys a fake. we know what's up...

solar

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guess what? You guys are sorry ass losers. You have to make a bet whether I'm for real. Okay, I made a typing error when i said header and not "header(s)" ooooooo big ****ing deal. ****ing geeks man, watching all my fonts. If you want to see it, come over and look at it. I'm not like you geeks w/ ur digital cameras. you want proof, come and look at it yourself. then, maybe ur poindexter asses will shut the **** up. I'll show you guys what's up and maybe you'll retire ur piece of shit cars.
I got receipts for everything. So, if you wanna flame after this, you're pretty sad. i figure you guys would. just watch.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I never flamed man... just chill out. I don't have a digital camera either. If you have a scanner, unlike me, or know somene who does then scan in the receipts. If not, then if your from Texas I would love to see it. Not b/c I don't believe you, but because I want to know how you did it. It is a real hard thing to do and costs a lot of money, and frankly that's money a lot of us don't have. I might be able to learn something from your expertise too. But I sure don't see a need to rip on our 6's and call our cars pos's when you drive the same thing as us. If you act like people will respond so. Can you at least tell me some bumbers on your car like whp and torque. With NOS andturbo, what did you do for fuel? Things like that... you know.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Quite defensive aren't we? Chill man.. it's just hard to believe that you're running a 50shot and also have a Bozz Turbo in the car without any PROOFS. Seeing is believing. You seem to have alot of money.. you a 97 with
Shogun Body Kit
Conversion Proj. headlights
Tenzo Exhaust
K&N Filter Intake
50shot of NOS :p
DC Sport Header (s) :eek:
Bozz Turbo :confused:
So there shouldn't be a problem picking up a scanner for 50 bucks is there? :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
questionable story

well it is kind af hard to believe that that person has a DC SPORTS header , seeing that they don't make them for the mx6 as far as i know ..but then again i can be wrong

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Hey now, whats wrong with owning a digital camera?!

Just because i have one doesnt mean i'm a geek!

Hell, this thing comes in quite handy for taking newdies of my girlfriend, and there isnt the hassle of development costs, film costs ect.

and all it takes to get one is a little bit of saved money ($380 for a decent one like mine), or a visa >: )

And not all of us are geeks, poindexters, ect. hell, my brother designs websites for a couple thousand dollar contracts, and he's a harley davidson mechanic...

just goes to show, not everyone that owns a digital camera or cruises the web is a geek/poindexter...

thats my flame!

-meaty

1 - 20 of 25 Posts