Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so going around on mx6.com i see people that have a mx3 flywheel in their car. Got a few questions. Do it bolt right on without any other needed parts? and How much more performance do you see out of it from stock? and lastly,. Should I just save and get the FIDANZA one?

·
Registered
213 Posts
i've got one

Yep... bolted right up.
There is a noticeable difference in the rev's... but i don't know hoe much of a gain, because i put it in at the same time i did the ZE swap... so i don't really have a before and after with a DE
The mx3 flywheel is a pretty common mod... and the best part is that its CHEAP...

Assuming that its used.. you will defiantly have to get it turned, and becuase its a staged flywheel (has little platforms and pegs that also have to be ground down)... some shops won't do it...

If cost is a factor... i'd say go for the mx3 (especially if you are like me and just have one laying around... or know where you can get one cheap)... you won't be dissapointed

I'm sure the FiDANZA one is better... but someone else who knows the difference can chime in here.

good luck. And i haven't for a second regretted putting in my mx3 flywheel... if that makes a difference

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
just have your stock one lightened and resurfaced at the same time. you should be able to get it all done for less than 100$, and you KNOW it fits and theres no chance of having an autoparts store get you the wrong one.

btw, you can easily lighten the stock kl01 to under 15 pounds.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I have the MX3. It fits, no issues. Been in the car for a few years now.

BTW: I've moved this to the 2nd Gen section as this isn't a "general auto" question.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I need to take my old flywheel in and trade it in for the MX-3.

What exactly do I need to specify so as to get the correct one?

Will they care that they're getting an MX-6 flywheel in return?

Lastly, would this alter what clutch I get? (I still need an mx-6 clutch kit i think, not certain.)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
get a flywheel for a 93 mx3 6 cylinder. no they don't mind as they can't tell anyway. it bolts up the same way. don't bring your core in at the same time. buy your flywheel, take it home install, then go with only the mx6 flywheel. that way they can't compare side by side, but even if they do, don't think they'd notice anyway

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hope this isn't too dumb a question, but I'm ordering a clutch today and need to know if I still go with an MX-6 clutch even though it will be using an MX-3 flywheel.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts