Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
mx3 gsr ECU prob

I just have a question: i have a mx3 with a KL03 (mazda93) but i allready have the 1.8 ECU from my mx , I have buy a KL55 ECU but i dont know if i can put im because one person tell to me it a KL01 who fit because KL55 is for OBD2 (or for Kl03 94+)

Can I put The KL55 ECU with no prob???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Umm, I'm a little confused by your post, but why would you need a 94+ ecu?? I'm pretty sure 94 was when they did start using the OBDII ecu's. Just get a new stock ecu, I'm sure you could find a working one in the junk yards somewhere.:shrug:

BTW, you have an mx-3 GS, not a GRS. The GS is the V-6 version. I was under the impression that mx-3's came with K8 motors, not the KL-03. Might be the same ecu though, I'm not sure. I don't know much about the GS's anyways.:shrug:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have made the swap to KL03 but i always have my original IM and ECU i have buy one( a KL55) my motor is a 1993 the ECU 1994 (i think) and i dont know if the KL55 ecu is used for OBD2 motor (1998+)

do you know the number for each ecu and in what motor used

kl01= 1993 kl03
kl55=???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.