Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on mx-3.com and PT as well but I figured a few of you guys here might be interested.

The paint is done. It was a long process, but I can finally say I think the car looks good. The car is nicknamed Goldmember thanks to Funzie so I had only one choice for paint. GOLD. I was pretty picky with the shade and the paint guy did a good job with the color. The only pics not in here are of the completed engine bay which included a large amount of rewiring to make it a clean engine bay with very few visible wires. Those will be up in a week or so.

I had a bunch of little things shaved and added a Mazdaspeed front bumper, Canadian MX3 GS wrap around spoiler, clear corners, and got lucky to come across a set of brand new from Mazda headlghts.

The paint glimmers in the sunlight a lot better than the pics can capture.

Progress pics are in these two threads
Doing the pretty thing - ProbeTalk.com Forums
Paint Progress - ProbeTalk.com Forums

On to the pics.
The way it was. Old, faded "Elegant Beige Metallic," or Silver as most people called it in person.

Picking it up

And...

Wait for it......

All Done

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Nice, how much did that run you? I'm planning to do the same for my MX-6.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, how much did that run you? I'm planning to do the same for my MX-6.
Original Estimate was $1500 for a good quality base/clear solid color including the jams/engine bay and some custom body work I requested.

When I dropped it off it had a lot of little dings here and there and the price went up to $1800

All said and done I had the following work done
Paint engine bay/jams
fix all the dings on the car
shave rear hatch lock
shave rear side markers on bumper
shave front wiper nozzles
shave rear wiper nozzles
repair wrap around spoiler that was damaged in shipping
shave off front license plate stuff from mazda speed bumper
put mesh piece in the top of the front bumper

I gave him $2k when I picked it up because he did a lot of extra work on it. He also agreed to finish it back up after I reinstalled everything so now it's back at the shop for some touch ups and final buffing.

I'm pretty happy with it. It looks very nice in person. I had him paint my wipers, hood cowl, and brake master cylinder as well.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
That's not bad, hopefully I can find a shop here that would do it for the same price.

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
I completely forgot there was a license plate frame on the front bumper, he did a great job removing it.

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
Some weird gaps around the DS headlight, i really liked the old front end with lip, but overall A+++ now it looks just as fast as it goes

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually took those as I was dropping it off to have him realign everything. I had to take it home and put it all back together before he could finish. Hopefully a lot of the finer details will be perfect when I get it back tomorrow or Thursday. In those pics the hood isn't even latched shut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts