Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently e-mailed Roebuckmazda to enquire about purchasing
the shop manuals for MX6.They quote $135 for the manual plus
$96 for shipping via UPS.(The only way they ship).Does anuone know any more cost effective options??

G

·
Call your LOCAL Mazda dealership and ask to order the factory shop manual. I got mine for 70.00 bucks and like nothing for shipping. 96.00 for shipping is absolutely proposterous.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
Where i Am the dealers will not supply shop manuals
to members of the public.That is why I have to try and import one.

G

·
Whoa! where the hell do you live? China? for god's sake that's absurd. Try again...I think you may have just had one dealer try to screw with you.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
What do you guys mean by shop manuals?
Are they more in depth than the repair type you can get from http://www.haynes.com ?

G

·
The Shop manual is the manual that the actual mechanics at the dealership use when working on your car. They are much more in depth, and also contain all the wiring diagrams (correct). Haynes and Chilton cannot use the diagrams, wiring and otherwise, from the shop manual because of copyright. Haynes and Chilton manuals are hence less accurate, and less useful, which is also why they only cost 15 dollars.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Cheers

Looks like I know what my next investment is.

G

·
I would definitely recommend the shop manual to everybody here, even if they don't know much about cars. You'd be surprised how much money you can save by knowing where that one screw you couldn't otherwise find is, or what kind of tool you need to remove..whatever. When i first got my mx-6, the parking brake light switch was broken. The dealer wanted to charge 124.00 US to fix it. I got a replacement switch from another dealer for 17.00 and fixed it myself in 20 minutes. That kind of little thing saves you big $$$ in labor charges, even if you don't know anything about cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
_bullet_ride_ said:
Whoa! where the hell do you live? China? for god's sake that's absurd. Try again...I think you may have just had o
ne dealer try to screw with you.
I Live practically on the other side of the world in cape town south africa.I have even been to SAMCOR ( The local
manufacturer/importer of mazda/ford vehicles) and they support the dealers and wiil not supply shop manuals.I guess
there are different laws in the US.

G

·
John. I will go to the post office here (Washington, DC USA) and see how much shipping is to Cape Town. I will then tell you how much it is and you can decide whether you want me to grab one here for you and ship it over there. It could take some time tho...=)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mx6 manuals

Thanks bullet ride,I appreciate your help.Time is not important as I intend to keep the car indefintely.I visited
Washington a few years ago,a great place!.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts