Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 94 MX6 2.0 4cyl. and Ihave in my garage a 92 MX3 2.5 6cyl. that my daughter chashed on july. The motor is ok. Can I swap the MX3 Engine with the MX6?

I am not mechanic and I will like to try that and I do not know if this is posible or if it a lot of work. Thanks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
So your daughter had an Mx3 with a swapped 2.5 liter KL03! Or do you mean she had a Mx3 with the Mazda 1.8 liter DOHC v6. That was the performance engine offered with the Mx3.

As far as being able to put the 1.8 in the Mx6 SE, its FAR easier and less expensive simply to buy a Mx6 LS with the 2.5 Kl03.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
silentfurymm said:
So your daughter had an Mx3 with a swapped 2.5 liter KL03! Or do you mean she had a Mx3 with the Mazda 1.8 liter DOHC v6. That was the performance engine offered with the Mx3.

As far as being able to put the 1.8 in the Mx6 SE, its FAR easier and less expensive simply to buy a Mx6 LS with the 2.5 Kl03.
Seconded.

Everything he said. The MX3 GS came with a 1.8L DOHC V6. It WILL bolt in place of the KL03 without too many issues. And vice versa. (I'll have more details once I've completed this.) Neither the KL03 nor the 1.8L V6 is an easy swap into the I4 MX6. If you want the V6 simply buy an LS. It's worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats right, she had 6V engine in her MX3-GS. And I am wondering if I can put that engine in my MX6 4cyl.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Musta ment 16, lol.....One valve per piston....anyone wanna try and see how that works? lol

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
CustomMX6 said:
Musta ment 16, lol.....One valve per piston....anyone wanna try and see how that works? lol
a 16 valve v6, lol no that would be wierd.

he ment v6 not 6v :rolleyes: and like they said earlier, it would be easier, and probally cheaper to get an LS with a bad motor and put your engine in.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Aussomea said:
a 16 valve v6, lol no that would be wierd.

he ment v6 not 6v :rolleyes: and like they said earlier, it would be easier, and probally cheaper to get an LS with a bad motor and put your engine in.
Or just get an LS. If the 1.8L V6 were all the rage I wouldn't be swapping one out and dumping my old 2.5L V6 in.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
rylinkus said:
Or just get an LS. If the 1.8L V6 were all the rage I wouldn't be swapping one out and dumping my old 2.5L V6 in.
whatever floats your boat....... if he wants to save money by using the engine hes already got :shrug: some wierdos dont care that much about going fast :freak:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
mazda mx6 I4 118hp
mazda mx3 v6 130hp
Power gains 12hp
stuff needed
wiring harness (dont know if the mx3's will work)
transmision
ecu
more **** than i can remember (its a huge pain in the ass)
but seeing as you have a donar car (wrecked mx3) it might be possible. need more sensible input on this one its an interesting idea.
its alot of work but if you want to anything is possible

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I MEAN 1.8 V6 24 VALVES MX3 1992 AND I HAVE A MX6 2.0 4CYL.
But it looks that it will be a lot of work and money for a guy like me that is not a mechanic and is just starting with Mazda car.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I am having a Trammy problems (Automatic) that may be you can help me. Please go to the 2G(1993-1997)Forum for more information

1 - 11 of 11 Posts