Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the most part, will all engine parts from all first gen mx6s, 626s and probes be compatible with each other? There seems to be quite a lack of performance parts for my mx6, so i was wondering if its just easier getting stuff for a probe or 626

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nah, the turbo engine is more powerful than the V6. Plus, it's made by Mazda, while the V6 is Ford's Vulcan. I'd prefer Mazda anyday!

G

·
thought about the same thing.

ive thought about the same thing, but if that were the case i would jus make an engine swap, im almost 100% sure most probe parts are compatible as well as the 626, this is what ive gathered through different people, and my own findings personally.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
notwithstanding clause

TexasMX6GT said:
Nah, the turbo engine is more powerful than the V6. Plus, it's made by Mazda, while the V6 is Ford's Vulcan. I'd prefer Mazda anyday!
There are some excellent gear ratios (2nd, 3rd and 4th) in the MTX that came with the 3.0 V6. I think veltpak made the transplant and was eminently happy with the outcome.

However, I agree with you with regard to the engines. Unless I was towing a trailer (or replacing the v6 in my Taurus), I would pass on the vulcan.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
SixSick6 said:
The Vulcan is found in the Taurus, the V6 found in the Probes is not a Vulcan
What are the differences?

G

·
The V6 in the 3.0 Probe is the same engine as the taurus, However what Sick is thinking of is the Yamaha engine in the Taurus SHO.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
all GTs have 24.2

FlySwat said:
The V6 in the 3.0 Probe is the same engine as the taurus,
Aww, you spoiled it. I wanted to see sick's list.

FlySwat said:
what Sick is thinking
Thinking? I beg to differ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts