Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the junkyard today getting a AC compressor since mine seized. well i saw that the 626 i got the AC compressor from had a BRAND new aluminum radiator. i didnt wanna grab in case it doesnt fit, but if i can get confirmation i will grab that sucker tomorrow

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? i wanna pull the radiator tomorrow morning

·
Registered
341 Posts
For a 1gen they are, as long as it's a GT radiator. GT radiator's are a full 1" thick while LX or DX radiators are only about 5/8" thick.

Probe radiators are also the same. In fact, I have a 1gen probe GT radiator in my 1gen GT 626. The only difference with the probe is the mounts... probe and mx6/626 radiator mounts are different due to the body's.

Karma?:)

-Todd

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I've of the opinion that 90-92s all have the thicker radiators. I think the thin ones were only found on some 88-89s. The factory radiators are all old at this age, don't get one of them anyhow. Go for a new aftermarket radiator rather than a 15 year old one. All aftermarket radiators from the local parts stores (i.e. Modine) are the thicker (2 row) that I've seen. Also, the radiators are all interchangable as far as fit - 626, mx6 doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this radiator doesnt look stock at all, it literally looks like someone dropped it in yesterday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts