Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I'm a newb... but...

I'm looking to buy an MX-6 but even the V-6 is only 160 or so HP right? Well, turbo-kits.com has a turbo kit for the 626. Now I was wondering since it says 2.0L FSDE (The I4 MX6 is 2.0 right?). I don't know what the engine in the MX-6 is but I figured I'd ask.

Now that I've asked that... Is there any turbo/supercharger kits for the V6? How hard/expensive is it for the klze swap? Whats everyones favorite MX-6/Probe specializing shop? :confused:

Thanks,
Dave :D

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
AlkalineRocket said:

I'm looking to buy an MX-6 but even the V-6 is only 160 or so HP right? Well, turbo-kits.com has a turbo kit for the 626. Now I was wondering since it says 2.0L FSDE (The I4 MX6 is 2.0 right?). I don't know what the engine in the MX-6 is but I figured I'd ask.

Now that I've asked that... Is there any turbo/supercharger kits for the V6? How hard/expensive is it for the klze swap? Whats everyones favorite MX-6/Probe specializing shop? :confused:

Thanks,
Dave :D
In the second gen section there is a forced induction section. Look there.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
AlkalineRocket said:

I'm looking to buy an MX-6.
I don't know what the engine in the MX-6 is but I figured I'd ask.

Now that I've asked that... Is there any turbo/supercharger kits for the V6? How hard/expensive is it for the klze swap?
Whats everyones favorite MX-6/Probe ?

Welcome aboard Akaline Rocket !
I noticed your possibly interested in a " turbo powered " MX6/Probe. If your heart is set on the 2nd Gens, '93 & up, you'll need to spend some pretty good money modding one up with a turbo/supercharger kit.
An alternative which could tremendously cut your costs would be to consider a 1st Gen MX6/Probe with the GT package. The "GT" includes a factory 2.2 Turbo, which will satisfy your demand for raw turbo powered torque.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
First there are currently 1 1/2 kits avalible for the 2.5 kl03, The first is dan's kit, which you can find in the bulk buy forum, and the 1/2 is a kit that is made for the probe, that the guy making them thinks will fit the six, but he cant find anyone to go test fit it, so he may have a kit soon. Also if your willing to wait mx6perfomance.com is thinking about coming out with a kit in the near future. you could also go custom like most people have. The klze swap is super easy, theres a good right up on it in the 2nd gen forum, Expense is gonna be about 1500-2000 for a sipmple turbo kit, and about 1200 or so for the ze, the ze gives you 200hp but i personally would go turbo, because a simple setuo will get you over the 200hp mark, and it is easy to upgrade a turbo system. oh and the search button is your new best friend

1 - 4 of 4 Posts