Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAZDA MX6 WHITE BREAKING FOR PARTS SPARES NSF HEADLAMP on eBay, also, Mazda, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 30-Nov-08 08:19:03 GMT)

Spoke to this guy today and he seems a nice bloke :tup:. Not a rip off merchant as his prices were very reasonable. I told him i'd post it up on here as the whole car is available. It has suffered the dreaded dizzy failure so thats the only part thats a no go. The car is

UK spec
Cloth interior
120,000 miles

His email is [email protected] if you want to contact him directly or give him a ring (number on listing). He sells tyres mainly so you might get a deal if you need them too.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
It's such a b****y shame that our cars are being broken up.

Soon there will be very few left in the UK ..........:mad:

At least in the USA, this happens far less often with older MX 6's and the younger members on here, buy them, restore them or whatever and enjoy this fabulous ride -US speak ;)

Shows that they have great taste " Across the Pond " :)

Paula

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is that some breakers are still charging rediculous prices for 2nd hand parts which makes a lot of mx6's uneconomical to repair. With mint R plate cars fetching £800 and early cars under £500 its hard to justify spending if the costs are too great.

There seems to be a lot of "no mot" mx6's on ebay at the moment, most selling for little more than scrap value.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Problem is that some breakers are still charging rediculous prices for 2nd hand parts which makes a lot of mx6's uneconomical to repair. With mint R plate cars fetching £800 and early cars under £500 its hard to justify spending if the costs are too high.
Hi... thought id thow this in here for a situation.. Ive just had my '94 L Reg LS written off because someone kindly drove into the drivers door. Only damage is the door and they offered me £700 for the car!
- I said no.:damnmad:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Good for you kiddo.

Hope it's back on the road soon...............:)

Paula

Hi... thought id thow this in here for a situation.. Ive just had my '94 L Reg LS written off because someone kindly drove into the drivers door. Only damage is the door and they offered me £700 for the car!
- I said no.:damnmad:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Just out of interest,

I have hijacked this post of mine from the US Lounge.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/lounge/218481-ford-abandons-mazda-control-20-stake-sale.html

Second values are far stronger over there.

My friend Claire runs a '93/94 Taurus Station Wagon with the 2.5 litre V6 in it.

Still going strong at 130K, little rust considering it's used every winter in Wisconsin since new.

It's a lovely car and I enjoy driving her although being an auto, it's not too economical.

Some guy ran into her car this Spring and despite requiring a new left hand rear door and some rear panel damage, the insurance company paid her out just over $1000 to cover the repair cost with a local one man band bodyshop guy.

The insurance accessor said that the car was too nice to write off and valued it at around $2000

Not bad for a 15 year old car ......:)

I will get fotos of her up soon. She is a gorgeous light powder blue metallic and people stop and stare at the Taurus wherever she leaves it.

Paula

PS. Like me Claire's a car nut and has a lovely almost mint '84 Toyota Celica Supra in Silver..............Pictures to follow soon.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
And I paid £3999 for BaBaKa at my local Mazda dealer in March 2005 !!!

Still it came with a 3 year warranty which was worth £3999 if anything went seriously wrong ..........;)

I popped in there the other day and it was the last MX 6 that T.W.Whites ever retailed, so I was very lucky I spotted her...I called it fate that I was destined to buy her....She's a beauty ..............:) And I LUV HER ...........:angel:

I thought that price was great value at the time for a car that was originally worth over £20K.

Paula

Problem is that some breakers are still charging rediculous prices for 2nd hand parts which makes a lot of mx6's uneconomical to repair. With mint R plate cars fetching £800 and early cars under £500 its hard to justify spending if the costs are too great.

There seems to be a lot of "no mot" mx6's on ebay at the moment, most selling for little more than scrap value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts