Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few more pics. I layed some bondo to fill the cracks a nd strengthen the skeleton of the box and built the tray to hold the NOS.

My next step is building the sub enclosures and then laying a crap load of fiberglass. Should be fun.

Once again can someone post these pics on this page (or at least ell me how to do it myself) thanks

http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph...m=Trunk+with+NOS.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph...Trunk+with+NOS+2.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph...ld&.dnm=NOS+tray.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Can you by any chance send me trunk dimensions.. I wanna do a custom box myself.. Please.. :) Kinda a diff design .. it will be unique..

Thanx;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its kinda point and shoot due to the depth of the box, the wheel wells and the fact that the gas cap throws off the dimensions of one side compared to the other side. Hieghts are different as well. My rule of thumb, cut bigger than you should and trim as you go.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah 4 tens should do it:tup: :tup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, nice setup. :cool:
I'm working on a custom trunck system but with 4 8"s in the middle and a 10" or 12" on either side. My first real mod for my car. Can you give me any hints or tips?

thanx
J

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Make sure that they will all fit. It is pretty tight right now with 4 tens. Measuring is the key, build the skeleton first and you will have some idea what will fit. I was going to go 2 12's in the back and 2 10's on each side but it more than likely would not have fit properly. Good luck.

I am actually laying fiberglass today so I will have more pics for you guys. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I will be doing 3 12's Do you think there will be enough room. I already have my box designed I'm now just waiting for the 3rd 12 to show up.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should fit fine, allthough I don't know your setup. I don't think 3 12's will fit across the back. Good luck.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The 12's will will facing up on an angle, and 2 of them will be facing forwards on an angle and 1 facing backwards, with the amps in the middle on an amp rack, kind like the amps sitting in a bowl. I know I need 2.5 cubic feet per sub, I am also trying to think of where to put the ports, any Ideas for comstoms ports???

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds like there will be little room to work with, however there are still options. I am still not quite sure on how your setup is looking. It sounds like you are using the floor of the trunk, not wall suspended.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SOme of the fiberglass is layed, kinda rough looking but I haven't started sanding it yet.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
16 Posts
That'll be sweet when its done man.
Trunk's smaller than it looks when you actually get in their, so back to the drawing board on the box layout. Shucks:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts