Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I HAD TO CHANGE THE DATES SLIGHTLY. PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT I DO NOT HAVE OFF THE JULY 5-8 ANYMORE. I NOW HAVE THE 9TH AND THE WHOLE WEEKEND THROUGH SUNDAY OFF.

I took the 9th of July through the 12th of July off work. WE ARE ON FOR A MEET AT MY PLACE!

The location:

My parent's house is on 7 acres of wooded property and it is a good place to camp and have cookouts and such. We can shoot bows and play paintball or pretty much whatever you want to do aside from shoot guns. My neighbor has horses and I don't want to spook them.

The ground is pretty level so parking a bunch of cars should be relatively easy. Here's a picture of the part of the driveway that you can see from the house.

This is the back yard behind the house.

There is a pretty large creek back there that's good for fishing or just hanging out near. It's probably 50 feet wide and only a foot or two deep at it's deepest point but it is fun to throw some beach chairs in there and relax with a beer in your hand and your feet in the water.

This is just one side of the creek. The large raised area is actually an island in the middle of the stream. It's the same width on the other side.

This picture is from the front gate by the road.

Here's a picture of the front field so you can get an idea of it's size. Anything is possible here. Volleyball, soccer, football, [fizzle]ing lawn darts...

There's another good camping area right behind the field.

Here's the field with the fire ring in it and a nice space to park cars by the driveway.

And a view to the house from halfway up the driveway.

The other direction.

THE RULES

1. If you come to stay with me you WILL be sleeping outside. The house is not large enough to have people sleep over inside and my parents don't want things inside trashed. I have two tents that I can set up for people who don't have one. One is large and will sleep 4 people and the other is small and would be better for three or less. I have a bathroom in my apartment and there is one upstairs in the house. I may look into getting a porta potty if there is going to be a lot of people.
2. If you come I would greatly appreciate it if you don't drive like an asshole on the roads near my house. I have neighbors with dogs and children so we don't need things getting ugly.
3. I will most likely charge a small fee to help cover some my expenses. I will get a half keg of yuengling lager for my dad's kegerator but aside from that you can bring your own stuff or we can all pitch in and buy booze/beer/food.
4. For those of you who do come please do not drive fast down my driveway. My mom's dog is kind of retarded and he likes to follow in front of any cars that come in the driveway. If he gets hit I will never hear the end of it.
5. My family and I LIVE here. Please be courteous and treat my place as your own (if not better).
6. NO GUNS and NO FIREWORKS. Sorry guys I just want to keep this low key.

Yard entertainment

1. Pretty much anything in the front field area. I will probably set up a volley ball net at the least. My uncle has an old school set of lawn darts that he said I can borrow too.
2. Horseshoes. We have a set around here somewhere. I can set it up pretty much anywhere.
3. Archery. We have a recurve bow and a few hay bales.
4. Beer and grilling. My dad has a keg fridge that I will buy a half keg for before the week starts.
5. There is a creek behind my house so any kind of activity you could think of doing in a creek. It's only a foot or two deep but it's nice clean and moving water.
6. Pretty much anything else. If you have a cool game feel free to bring it.

Other activities

1. Drive to Philly (If anyone is interested. I hate driving in the city and usually avoid it)
2. Cruise to my local Sonic. It's probably about a ten minute drive.
3. There are a few parks and lakes around that we could drive to if anyone is interested.
4. There is a farmer's market called Zern's near my house that is only opened on Friday and Saturday.
5. For those of you who stay with me we could drive to a cool breakfast smorgasboard place about 40 minutes from my place out near Lancaster. It's a nice scenic drive through Amish country.
6. There are driving ranges, miniature golf courses, and other activities in my area too.
7. ANYTHING else you guys want to do. I am perfectly happy just hanging out and having a good time at my place too.

If anyone is interested, give me a shout. I can seriously make this happen and we are always talking about trying to get an mx6.com meet together.

The list: This is by no means set in stone. If you can't make it don't feel bad. I just want a head count.

Tentatively coming:
Me (Duh)
blade_point2005- Driving an mx6
GsxrFanatic- Driving an mx6
Alwaysbrokenmx6- Driving Mazda3
josey_gt and his girl- Driving 2 mx6's
zy93MX6- Driving an mx-6
whitenoyz- Driving an mx6
RisenDevilz'6- Driving an mx6
unkiedave- Driving an mx6 if it is running?
Zapata2119- Driving an mx6?
mm2587- Driving whatever is running at the time
BadAndy44- Driving an mx6
xIFallout- Driving an mx6
A Simple MX6- Driving an mx6
Stealth- Flying into Philly

Possibly coming:
Chuck- Driving an mx6
cf_z
I4Mx6
KiwiFlavor
vandejm
Angry Dave
biglex
gehofff
FS-ZE Freak
sethbobbob
Jason- Flying into Philly

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
as long as you pay for food/gas/beer/more food/even moAr beer/ and let me do a backflip off the outhouse and take full responsibility for my accidents/injuries if i'm gonna make the trip to near philly PA... Then hell I'm down!

I'll be in the nissan by the way!

jk chef... If I was closer, I would be there!

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish you were closer too Jason. You seem like a cool guy. Edit: What I MEANT to say was dig your mx6 out of the garden and take her for a road trip bitch...

Chuck- It would be a short drive for you. :p

I will let everyone know what the deal is once I talk to my boss about getting some days off.

Edit: Many pictures added to the OP.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
man, lets find a date that can suit as many of our needs as possible.

it'd be sick to have everyone together at one time.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to my boss today. He said I can take the 5th of July through the 11th off. That's a week if anyone wants to party hard. People could come for a day or two and leave if they want to.

Let's party redneck style!

·
Registered
140 Posts
im totally down for it as long as i can get the 6 back on the road (legally)! even tho its a 9 hour drive!! lol but looking foward to it!!! cant wait! hope some other ppl commit to coming, i would like to meet all u guys

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
If i had a job to provide funds i think i too would actually venture the 6 on its first really far trip. Looks like a sweet place to just hang out.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I'd be in, but I think my MX6 found a new home. I did that drive a few months ago to get a car door. Philly is only about 5-6 hours from me. Not a bad trip really. But I don't think I can make it sadly.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're more than welcome even if you show up in a civic. There's a lot of time between now and then so just keep it in mind.

It would be totally legendary to have 10-20 members on mx6.com in one place. It would be like a Myrtle Madness but further north.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Sadly though, at this point, 10 of those 20 will likely have a car other then an MX6 haha. I'll definitely keep it in mind. Might take a golf trip and bugger off for a weekend south. This could be that excuse.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
I'm getting a lot of excuses and not enough commitments... ;)

King- There aren't really that many mosquitoes around. It's not swampy or anything unless we get a lot of rain. You broke your 6 again?
broke it weeks ago.. took it for a drive to my dads, about a mile away.. 45min got in it to leave, it ran for a few sec, died, ran again.. died, ran again.. died.. then it didnt run at all. ended up towing it home.. still cannot get it running... I checked everything I could think of. Im F'n Stumped and taking insurance off it now. If I cant figure it out.. I guess.. parts start coming off.:shrug:

1 - 20 of 382 Posts