Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have heard good things about the suspension though on the R3s. IMO from riding in a base RX8 it seems like less then 200 hp. Very doggy.

I would find it hard NOT to be aroused driving an FD. I would be higher then a set of giraffe balls!
coming from a rx8 owner i agree i wasnt to impressed about the r3. the rx8 stock put out anywhere from 185+ rwhp. the power curve is also very different from other cars and may feel abit sluggish on the lower rpms. the rx8 makes all the power up top past 5k rpm is when it power starts when the 5th and 6th ports open up. i have dyno 211rwhp and 149rwtq with the mods that i have.follow link to my mod list. i know the numbers is not that eye popping but for a N/A 1.3L engine that is pretty damn impressive.
November 2009 Rotary RX-8 of the Month - MIKES'8

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I think it's gorgeous except for the rear wheels. I hate when they stick out too far and have stretched tires just so they fit. But everything else is PERFECT! :)
Hellaflush FTW!!!! I like it.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
bump my obsession :)
Glad you posted that! I've actually been considering a white 05 GT as of late. This it a nice example! Have any specs on the one you posted in particular?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Hm :confused: I notice the thread has been slowing down a bit lately.

So howabout a bit of tech talk concerning the new 16X :)

To start yall off heres Mazdas home page on the motor... MAZDA:16X | The Rotary Engine

It includes direct injection like I supposed but the all alloy case is a nice suprise, they kinda flopped when they explained that a piston engine makes torque more efficiently if it has a longer stroke :rolleyes: but the explanation for the additional throw in the 16X' case seems pretty solid.

In the mean time the 13B MSP in production now is supposedly getting direct injection in the near future.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
:jump:i didn't even know there was a rotard thread on here lol. guess i could inform you guys that my motor is almost done finally, the e-shaft was getting checked out the other night to make sure it was in spec and we found some problems with the one in my block, luckily we had a spare or 5 lol. also just picked up an N370 and harness so all i need now is the motor put together and a little bit of luck. S5 TII, full emissions delete, Large street port, mmmmmmm:jump:

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Hm :confused: I notice the thread has been slowing down a bit lately.

So howabout a bit of tech talk concerning the new 16X :)

To start yall off heres Mazdas home page on the motor... MAZDA:16X | The Rotary Engine

It includes direct injection like I supposed but the all alloy case is a nice suprise, they kinda flopped when they explained that a piston engine makes torque more efficiently if it has a longer stroke :rolleyes: but the explanation for the additional throw in the 16X' case seems pretty solid.

In the mean time the 13B MSP in production now is supposedly getting direct injection in the near future.
Good post.

The concept makes the same general sense as a piston engine does. Increase the stroke length, produce more torque. To do it without changing dimensions of the overall engine size, in a piston engine, you would reduce bore, which in this case is like reducing the width of the housings. Whats interesting more so is why they haven't gone to a 3 or 4 rotor engine under that same concept, especially in an OEM vehicle.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Congrats RMXG8 on the win for ROTM on Mazdas247.com!

I think it's gorgeous except for the rear wheels. I hate when they stick out too far and have stretched tires just so they fit. But everything else is PERFECT! :)
I agree, stretching is ok for a damn showcar.

Hellaflush FTW!!!! I like it.
Hellanotflush FTL. Most vehicles on that site are cool, but the setup looks like some mexicans built it. Unlike the name on the site, the wheel sticks OUT past the fender... the word flush implies being level, even, in the same plane, most are sticking out a few inches and then cambered in like they broke something.
Norcal idiots...:sigh: They should be Hella shot.

HELLAFLUSH FTL!!!:tdown:

:jump:i didn't even know there was a rotard thread on here lol.
Who are you calling a rotard!:lol:

Anyone pick up the Modified mag from January? It features a amazing blue FD and a rare Cosmo. Owned by the same guy along with two other 7s, he is a member on Mazdas247.com as well.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Who are you calling a rotard!:lol:

Anyone pick up the Modified mag from January? It features a amazing blue FD and a rare Cosmo. Owned by the same guy along with two other 7s, he is a member on Mazdas247.com as well.
everyone in here who is rotarded like me:tup:

yea, i read through it several times. by far one of my favorite articles of all times. i want a cosmo so bad. what i didn't understand was how he said he didn't like the blue that the FD was at first but it "grew on him"....how could you not like montiego blue?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Hellaflush :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Eh, I can see where it's going, but stretched tires, aren't my thing. And I hate chrome. So eh....

I'd rather throw a Spirit R kit, down to the factory tires for it, or something just as tasty instead on it. But that's just me...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Good post.

The concept makes the same general sense as a piston engine does. Increase the stroke length, produce more torque. To do it without changing dimensions of the overall engine size, in a piston engine, you would reduce bore, which in this case is like reducing the width of the housings. Whats interesting more so is why they haven't gone to a 3 or 4 rotor engine under that same concept, especially in an OEM vehicle.

Actualy thats a common assumption that infact breaks the laws of physics.

If you had 2 motors that were identical in all respects except for a slight difference in the bore stroke ratios they would have to perform identicaly at all RPM.

Yes a longer lever dose make for torque given a fixed input, but in the case of the above scenario the longer stroke is offset by the smaller bore. Less piston area means less force applied to the piston. Since both motors have identical specs both will have the same volume of fuel and air and thus the same potential energy.

The long stroke small bore motor has less piston area but better leverage, the big bore short stroke motor has more piston area but less leverage.

This has been proven time and again in many dyno cells.

Where this concept comes from is the limitations of the top ends of most domestic motors. The heads on my 350 chevy engine are limited in top end efficency, bumping up the displacement causes that limit to be lower in the RPM range. Theres also the somewhat questionable idea of "valve shrouding" where in the cylinder wall restricts flow past the valve. This can be a problem but more often than not it's not the issue people like to believe it is.

Particularly in any motor that is not an inline valve wedge or pancake design.

There is a rather small window where shrouding becomes a concern, and thats almost never the case with pent roof, hemi, or even twisted wedge type chambers.

Keep in mind those two items are related to the top end and have nothing to do with the bottom end geometry.

The idea that by changing the bore/stroke ratio you can cause power and torque to cease existing at one end of the tach then magicaly re-apear at the other end through time and space is laughable.

It's the cam, top end flow characteristics and overal displacement that determine where the curves lay.

You aint talking about the tail pipe! Thats for sure ;)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #153

Uhhh... NO! Not bad at least it's drivable, but the car is full of :V
The truck pipes, the rear light/bumper clusterfuck, and the molded body are all a huge fail. I do like the wheels and color, the window spoiler, and the fact that its sits on it's nuts, but the size of the wheels, the huge rear spoiler, and the fact that someone destroyed a good performance car is the kicker.:eek:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
HAhahahaha. I totally didnt even notice the tailpipes. That is epic!!!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Uhhh... NO! Not bad at least it's drivable, but the car is full of :V
The truck pipes, the rear light/bumper cluster[fizzle], and the molded body are all a huge fail. I do like the wheels and color, the window spoiler, and the fact that its sits on it's nuts, but the size of the wheels, the huge rear spoiler, and the fact that someone destroyed a good performance car is the kicker.:eek:
I love the color and the kit dosnt look bad at all, atleast what you can see of it. The wing and tips are rediculous though and the wheels and tires tell everyone who looks at it that the guy is a tool and not a true sports car enthusiast.

With a few detail changes it might be saved though.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I just hate Hellaflush, it's a fad and I hope it soon will die. Along with all the posers on that [fizzle]ing site. I wish I were cool enough to buy a $30-40K car so I could destroy it with fugly rims and a busted ass suspension.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hate Hellaflush rotarys? [fizzle] it... that counts.;)
lol

hi boys, can i cut in?
i sent this to joey, but thought i could share here as well.

1985 Mazda Rx7 V8
Date: 2009-12-31, 5:39PM

Hi I AM SELLING A MAZDA RX7 1985 WITH A 302 FORD ENGINE IT IS NOT FINISH IT HAS THE MOTOR INSTALL JUST NEED TO PUT EVERY THING BACK TOGETHER SO IT CAN START RUNNING I AM ASKING 2500OBO NEED TO GET RID OF IT IF ANY QUESTION CALL JOSE AT 414-763-3358 OR414-469-2538

Original URL: 1985 Mazda Rx7 V8
just curious if there is actually validity to what he did, or if you would consider it blasphemy. :confused:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Real rotary fans will take this as Blasphemy...hence my response...check out your Pm's :p, but some people who simply like the look of an FD and think the engine is unreliable and crappy will go ahead and put a piston engine in there ruining the perfect weight distribution and the whole principle of the name Roatary eXperiment-7

141 - 160 of 306 Posts