Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I try to close the door with the window up all the way, the window gets caught in front of the rubber lining around the window (sorry for not using technical terms here). What was recommended to me was that I would have to roll down the window before I close the door, then once it's closed put the window up the rest of the way. This method works but obviously it's kind of a ridiculous thing to have to do everytime you get in the car.

When I'm parking it and getting out of the car, I can either A) close the door hard (but not slam) while holding the top of the window and applying force to it as well. Or B) Pushed the window in behind the rubber lining once the door is closed. These seem to work fine also but having to force anything on a car is never a good sign and I predict that if I go on this way the problem will only get worse.

Does anyone else have this problem? The couple people who I spoke to said it was fairly common but could offer me no more advice than what I've already mentioned, and especially nothing about fixing it permanently. At first I thought that the door might just need a realignment but these big doors tend to sag, and if anything, mine is doing the opposite so I had to rethink that idea. I know what I should do is take off the inside door panel and look at the window mechanisms but it's pretty [fizzle]ing cold here up north and I do not want to be outside longer than I need too. So if anyone's encountered this and can give me some advice on exactly what to look for and where to look for it I would really appreciate it.

BTW I just bought the car on monday and it had this problem long before that so I have no idea what could have happened to it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Are the sealing rubbers that the window "seats" into fitted correctly?

It could be that someone removed them for some reason and when re-fitted simply did it wrong...

Check the passenger door rubbers and compare them to the drivers door. I guess the rubbers are simply not where they should be.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i had this happen to me before when I adjusted the door latch (silver part where your locking mechanism on the door hooks on to when you close the door) up too high. I loosened the latchs 2 screws and knocked it down just a couple millimeters and it fixed my problems

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i have the same issue. when i tore apart my car i found green body paint on the inside of my drivers door when my car is paint black. after checking the other door and finding it was blk on the inside i concluded that the drivers door was replaced at some point and sat alittle to high.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts