Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couple of points about that, Rash.

Coilovers? That would make the ride horrible... I've never even heard of eibach/tockico making coilovers for the Probe/MX6. Coilovers don't offer the same kind of compression rates that full springs do... In fact, I'd go as far as to say unless it's a racing car you should avoid them altogether.

Upto a 5" drop... that's just moronic and only leads me to believe these aren't the real deal for our cars.

They want around $500 for them anyway... for 2nd hand ones. You can get a new set of tockico/eibach shocks/springs from Probegarage for just a few $ more.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
I think i have seen this type of coilover for sale before for the MX-6. And im sure that Tokico made coilovers. I think there may have been a thread done a while back about them.

You're right coilovers are hard as sin - but they do make you feel like your in a jet-sled.

As to the coilovers, i may pm the guy and let him know his BUY IT NOW price is too high and point to the probe garage website for new stuff.

Ben.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So? Combine the price of the strus and springs from somewhere like probegarage.com and it's not much difference... The coilovers will also give a terrible ride on normal driving, no matter who makes them. Might be suited to a track day car, but not a road car.

Plus read the description a little better... He's recommending 255/18 tyres at the rear... these simply WON'T fit on a 6 unless you flare the wheel arches and fit the proper spacers... not good for a track day car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.