Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate just bought a 95 mdl saab with a 2.5 v6 N.A.. The other night i asked him for aa drag, he was very hesitant and backed down. If i apply a little more pressure he will crack!
Question is, will i beat him.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a Saab 9.3 pass me on the freeway going REALLY fast. I think they are'nt slow but he could'nt keep up with me past 120mph, and I pulled away like he was'nt trying (and he was) up to 135mph. Hope the info helps

·
Registered
416 Posts
it the v6 a turbo?? i drove a turbo saab v6 coupe and oncee that turbo kicks in, its like a whole new story. if u get a good enough jump on the guy in the beginning, maybe you can hold on for the win. but they def pull stronger through 3 and 4th gears

G

·
Saab doesn't make any cars that are N/A. Is this a 900 or a 9000. The 900 may have been called a 9-3 by '95, but it's the same car.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 2.2 turbo, exhaust (turbo back), air filter and boost 12 psi. His is stock n.a. v6, never seen it move.

My neighbour just bought a new saab aero (turbo), it flies. Havent raced him.

How about this, my gf brothers both have volkswagon golfs. 1.8 litres. One has a turbo, he thinks he can have me any time, what do you think. Both the cars are 2000 model mine is 91'.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure they are both poofters, not that i have anything against that!!!

P.S. Saab make N.A. and turbo motors, in australia anyway.

[Edited by Nathstx5 on 02-19-2001 at 12:35 AM]

·
Registered
886 Posts
Nath, the 2.5 Saab has approx. the same pace as a stock 2nd gen V6, so with your mods you should have no probs.

The Golf, even the latest 1.8T, is again a few tenths slower than a 2nd Gen, so again with your mods it should be no trouble.

G

·
Snob Hater

I cant stand Saabs (snobs) A guy I race bikes with has a snob, 98 non turbo, and its like driving a 4 cylinder Accord. Please take this snob owner out and embarass him.

G

·
Hey hold on greendemon! My mom has a Saab! It's an '88 Turbo, really nice car, learned to drive on it. Now that you say it though my mom is kind of a snob. Oh well.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
I think you have a good chance. The Saab weighs a shitload more than your MX-6!
Mici

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Smoked the Saab!

We lined up at a set of lights the otherday. It all started when he rev his 2.5 v6 n/a, i followed ina simular fashion. I held it at about 2.5krpm and then dumped the clutch when the lights went green. The only time he was in front is when we sat at the lights! hahahahaha. Suffa, you european car.

We reached about 80mph and at that speed i was about 2 car lengths in front!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.