Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing over someone elses FHM and saw a small article about cars.... and they where talking about a 1980 Mazda 626, and how crap they where... 'nerds cars' or something.

And they had a picture of a 1st gen MX6 (Blue) as an example! What the hell! Do I even need to go into how different they are?

Would you compare a 1995 HSV Senator, with a 1985 Commodore? Retards....

Can't remember what page... but was towards the back and on the right hand page... I think... maybe.

Tripharn

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
some dumbass(who owned an excel might i add) called my car a dog box because he said he doesnt like FORDS...

i was quick to laugh at him and tell him my "FORD" has a turbo. he was speechless for 9 seconds.

dumbass mistook my car for an old ford. i dont know how but he did.

in any manner, the 626 is completely different. people who say things like that obviousely dont know enough about the wider car market out there and probably focussing in on their 1.3L swifts or excels :)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i told my mate in his purple 95 excel that id leave my car in 1st gear and see if i could beat him. i ended up beating him by a car length...i laughed so loud it hurt.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I got an issue of ralph and it has this thing on the Rx-8 and then it has snippts about BAD Mazda's inside it is small bit about mx-6 1st gens - picture of car identical to mine but with Gt badges and 4ws logo. White with white wheels.

Lots talk **** about both mx-6 and 626 but hey 626 lasted longer then wheels car of the year camira's and lots of hond preludes ETC.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My first car was a 626 80... it was a 2L beast 4 speed man, it has nothing on the mx6, but i bought it for $500 and it was driven harder than i drive my car now, it laid down many black lines on the road, had it for 4 years and the only thing i did to it was put new tyres on it when i got it.........just my 2cents

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
people do under rate our car to much!!!

draged a friends s14 200sx 'stock' vs gen2 mx6 'stock' and he only beat me by 1/4 of a car lenght,......his jaw droped!

andy

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
people do under rate our car to much!!!
here here. i just got back from picking up a few pizzas. parked next to this roced up civic with all his mates in it. they were talking amongst themselves about my car. i overheard them say an mx5 is much faster than that.

but i like that most people dont know anything about the '6's. it makes them that much more precious. which is why i will be buying another one soon. :)

lets vote on the top 3 4-cylinder car sleepers..heres my vote:

1. liberty RS
2. pulsar GTiR
3. mx6

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey GTiR isnt a sleeper. everyone knows what it is and they look fast the whole big bonnet vents with the cooler kind of gives it away. The Liberty RS is for sure so is the mx6. but instead of the GTiR i would put in either a 323 Familar GTX or GTR and or the 323 4WD 1.6 turbo they look exactly like the standard 323 if you took off the 4WD badge on the back, and they are quick.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
the 1.6 turbo's lose puff very quickly. but they have great acceleration.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
hey you don't know sleeper or a kill untill yuor
driving a station wagon -end of story
When you eat a 100KW SX corrolla with it's mods of exhuast intake and enough twin cam noise, to make you sick of it.

The look hits faces harder.
Or when you cause a excel to almost smash into a parked car.

A Sleeper is when soeone asks you what car it is and it's wrrtten in large letters and number MAZDA 626 that's when you know No one knows what hit them.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
those 100KW corolla's really arent that fast. i ate one of them in my camry...and thats sayin somethin. my brothers 100KW liberty non-turbo would have to be the best non-turbo sleeper i have ever seen. he almost keeps up with me on really hot days.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The new 4th Gen Liberty GT would have to be the best sleeper. There are absolutely no badges on any of the new Liberties, the 2.5i and GT both have dual exhausts and 17" alloys. The only way to tell the difference is the bonnet scoop.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
all the liberties i have ever seen have been fast. both N/A and turbo. and easy cars to maintain not like our '6's hehe.

but its amazing how many people know nothing about the mx6. when i bought the car, 9/10 people didnt know what it was. and they certainly didnt think it was fast(until they heard the spool and BOV mehehe)

my mates turbo'd civic would have to class as the #1 modified sleeper i have ever driven.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Biggest sleeper is a 626 or telstar turbo, i have no turbo badges and signs on it at all. No one knows and when i drag ppl and win, you should see their faces.

people dont know that 626 / telstra came out in turbo. Funny stuff.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
just the mazda name is a sleeper.......but for the rotors!
ppl have been mislead into thinking im car was a 200sx, from fair

? 'noidea' ?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
well i guess the 2nd gen has similiar body characteristics to the newer 200sx's. but any moron who has seen a 200sx and mx6 would be able to differentiate them just by closing their eyes and listening for spool hehe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts