Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I store my MX6 for the winter. But last winter, due to work and school obligations, I actually didn't get to store it until mid-January, which means it (unfortunately) went through at least one massive winter storm. Here it is:

As it started snowing, the night before

Unfortunately, I had to go to work, so I had to dig myself out.

I believe I got about a block away from my house before I said 'screw it' and turned back. :D

Here is a picture I took and emailed to my prof as an excuse for why I couldn't hand in an essay on time :angel:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Here is a picture I took and emailed to my prof as an excuse for why I couldn't hand in an essay on time
that is awesome.

·
Registered
939 Posts
was that the one in december? with like 50cm..?

im 90% sure that was the one wehre i had to go to work while it was still dark... and i didnt have snow tires... i was rolling down merivale on bald as hell summers . it was real bad. thank god no one was on the road or they woulda been hit. lol

during one of the other storm i literally couldnt get out of my buddys driveway in the morning for work... then i got stuck half way out and couldnt go back in so i had to shovel my way back into the driveway LOL

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Oh Wow,

Awesome fotos.:)

Reminds me off my friend Claire ploughing the snow in her Suzuki when I was over there in Wisconsin during the winter of 2004/05.

Paula

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
was that the one in december? with like 50cm..?

im 90% sure that was the one wehre i had to go to work while it was still dark... and i didnt have snow tires... i was rolling down merivale on bald as hell summers . it was real bad. thank god no one was on the road or they woulda been hit. lol

during one of the other storm i literally couldnt get out of my buddys driveway in the morning for work... then i got stuck half way out and couldnt go back in so i had to shovel my way back into the driveway LOL
Lol, yeah, since I don't keep my car out in the winter, the tires u see in the picture are bald all-seasons, so I wouldn't be doing too well. Great for drifting around for fun though! :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
winter tires slip enough for drifting ...

bald summer tires are a aliding nightmare cuz u cant even ateempt to pull urself out of the slide. but still fun lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
winter tires slip enough for drifting ...

bald summer tires are a aliding nightmare cuz u cant even ateempt to pull urself out of the slide. but still fun lol
Yessiree, been there. Can be fun when in control and no one else is around.

And that was the year we had almost as much snow before christmas as the entire year before?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, that was the year for that...although, it was a lil annoying that after putting up with all that snow, we came just short of breaking the record.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
dude.... like where im from if u get even fluries school gets canceled...... dang... no wonder i never see any slammed canadian mx6's they would get burried!
slammed cars are everywheres, its called laying it up for the winter.

Couldnt get into my car this am. Bunch of snow. Door cylinders locked and then from trying to get in, the cylinder let go and is now in the middle of the door. My passenger door cant be opened cause the lock is broken and is so frozen cant be unlocked from the interior. The trunk is also broken, so i had to break into my own car to get in.

Frozen from 2 hours in the cold weather to get into the 6 + a flat head screw driver = getting in the trunk. :tdown:

feen

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
slammed cars are everywheres, its called laying it up for the winter.

Couldnt get into my car this am. Bunch of snow. Door cylinders locked and then from trying to get in, the cylinder let go and is now in the middle of the door. My passenger door cant be opened cause the lock is broken and is so frozen cant be unlocked from the interior. The trunk is also broken, so i had to break into my own car to get in.

Frozen from 2 hours in the cold weather to get into the 6 + a flat head screw driver = getting in the trunk. :tdown:

feen
screw driver? dear god. cary a plastic wedge and a metal rod with a lil L at the end and u can get into any car like ours....

i lock my keys in my cars all the time. so i cary a lock out kit in all my cars. and keep one in the shop. ive been the hero to many young ladies at the parkinglots around here. :p

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
screw driver? dear god. cary a plastic wedge and a metal rod with a lil L at the end and u can get into any car like ours....

i lock my keys in my cars all the time. so i cary a lock out kit in all my cars. and keep one in the shop. ive been the hero to many young ladies at the parkinglots around here. :p
PS. i just noticed that a FORD FOCUS is hogging up all the room in that garrage and the MX6 is outside?????? WTF dude........

oops i quoted.. i ment to edit...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-general/219083-locks-freeze-winter.html

read the first post about the wedge and the tow truck, when this happens there is no wedging thatll work lol so theres no point, and im not wasting money on a kit when a hanger does just fine :p

Feen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts