Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced my friend's 300 ZX twin turbo, she`s automatic. Guess what.....from 0-100 mph we were dead even then he started to fly away. Still, he got 300 hp and we got 164 hp, were's the problem ??? Anyway, this is not BS story, like many of you will guess !!!

peace.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
the 300 must have been playing with you, or they cant drive an auto. you have a 5spd and what mods. any??

·
Registered
332 Posts
no mods to your 6???
thats BS
maybe the 300TT needs a tune up
BAD!!!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
300 ZX TT???

dont u read other posts??? if people wave the B.S flags on stang GT's which put out 250 HP then what makes u think they'll accept a ZX twin turbo? sorry but im waving the B.S flag on this until you can give us some really in depth info about your cars like maybe her tranny is REALLY slipping or she has an exhaust leak so big she lost half of her back pressure to leave with only 164 HP :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
not a chance

1. Turbos do not need any backpressure to operate...that's why you can run 3 inch exhaust without any drawbacks.

2. If a turboed 2nd gen can stay even with a TT300zx....you think your n/a is going to do it? I beg to differ. Sorry

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yeah, I have some issues with this story also. Unless it is like real old, and not running right.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
And Trey, Who's turbocharged 2nd gen are you talking about? I must have missed that story somewhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have to make a special point that "this is not a BS story," chances are it really is.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
tell me to close this and i will. the guy has not even come back to talk to us about his so he dotn care. later

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I don't know about closing it (that's just me though). SOMETIMES we get to learn information about other cars.

I feel that so long as it doesn't get all crazy, and turn into a bunch name calling like the infamous "What the!!!!Z28" post did, it is ok. No one got all mad and violent.

I just wish, SO BAD, that there would be no BS stories. I thought it was kind of cool, on the Probetalk website, under
Kill Stories it says:
You beat a Ferrari in your stock Probe? Sure you did ... post about it in here!

Kind of like a warning to BSers. Well, thinking about it maybe that would encourage BS.

Maybe under our Kill Stories, yall ought to type:

Smoked someone? Or got smoked? Post it here. Warning BS is not welcome.

Or something to that effect, maybe even say it might get deleted or something.

I definetly don't want yall to close the Kill story section. But BSers make us look like Ricers--just by association. I think that most people agree.

That is just my $.02.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would have to agree with Jiffy6969, I does not look good on the rest of us if there are too many people talking B.S. on the site, all it takes is a few bad apples and people are going to get the wrong impression about 6's and the people who drive them.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This this the first time I've sent a reply to a kill story or this site...but to hear that an MX-6 (I love mine to death) beat a twin turbo 300ZX even if it is an automatic just makes me ill. Both torque and horsepower on the 300ZX turbo leaves the MX6 behind (sorry guys). Look at it this way, the ZX had 300hp and if you put the fact that it runs off an automatic, I'll over estimate my caculations that you lose 100 horses....still leaving 200.
Correct me if I'm wrong in saying that the auto 300ZX has 300 ponies, was it 290???
The 300ZX was one of the great import sport cars along with the Supra, RX-7 and the 3000GT. These cars were in a league all their own.

I've had my MX-6 for 1 year now and plan on working on upgrades this summer. Its a 1993 LS, 5 speed purchased with 62,000km.
My kills include a 2000 golf 1.8turbo, 1995 eagle talon esi, 1996 ford mustang v-6, dodge neon r/t, honda preludes and civics (too numerous to count). Usually on Hwy 7 or on Bayview in Thornhill....import central in Canada.

Its nice to hear MX-6 kills but make sure that its believable.

Drive fast, drive safe!

jonjon

·
Registered
405 Posts
i think people do this stuff on purpose. just to get us all fired up. how about when we know it is a b.s. story we just dont reply to it? would that fix the problem?

·
Registered
416 Posts
allright, now dont everyone get mad at me, but this might've actually happened....you see, the earlier 300 zx, with the new body style, were only running low 15's in the 1/4, and thats with the twin turbos, it wasnt until the car was almost off the market before they were running somewhat fast, and even then, the best times were 14.4 in the 1/4....you can check it out on any road and track, in the back, so maybe if it was an auto, and one of the earler 90's, and if he had a mtx mx-6 with a mod or two......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts