Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to work i was encountered by an S10 driven by some kid with his girl. Well first he was behind me and I thought nothing of it, but then he started to accelerate and soon passed me going about 65mph in a 45mph zone. Then he had the nerve to chirp his tires on his manual S10 going 65mph? Well by then i knew it was on, so i followed him, and I guess he knew i wanted a piece of that truck so he slowed down to match with me bumper to bumper. as soon as we did, i floored my car w/o the IAT on. As soon as my ATX tranny downshifted i started pulling very slowly, by then, I pointed at him and smiled while i was pulling away. Well, of course, he got pissed. so when i slowed down he passed me again and signaled to match him again. as soon as I pulled up, he floored his car, and so i floored mine also immediately right after i turned the IAT on . i started to pull on him a lil better this time. As i hit about 80mph i shut down and flashed the hazards. I was probably about 3-4 car lengths ahead. This kid was so pissed since i beat him TWICE in front of his girl.
the S10 seemed to have at least an exhaust.
I just hate it when ppl think their trucks are the beast; however, there are ecxeptions such as a Ford F150 lightning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the IAT mod????

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
the IAT is a mod for ATX mx6's so that it will shift faster than stock would. I'm just curious as how to do that mod that's all. I found a site that shows how to do it with a Probe, but I don't know whether it's the same or not. BTW, good kill.

·
Registered
20 Posts
"Then he had the nerve to chirp his tires on his manual S10 going 65mph?"

Unless the truck have NOS or insane amount of torque. How can someone chirp his tires @ 65mph?
:confused:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont know how that dude chirped his tires but he did.
Yeah, the IAT mod just fools the computer to thinking it's taking in cold air. For example, during winter cars with auto. tranny you will notice how it shifts a lot quicker and harder; however, during warm days the tranny goes into luxury mode to put less wear on the tranny. With the IAT on (breaking circuit), my car sure does make 2nd gear a favorite, but a tranny cooler is a must for this mod. This basically free mod is known to even take off .5 off 1/4 mile. If any of yal with MX6 LS atx are interested about this mod, go to http://rogue.bucks.edu/~0257335/IAT/ . This is so far my favorite modification, and one of the easiest to do.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dakota RTs are NOT fast at all. My friend has one, and that 360 is anything but a hot motor. I know the motor COULD be fast but, all dodge did with the RT is slap a typical truck 360 in the dakota. The motor is not a hot rod motor but its in what is supposed to be a hot rod truck. Those trucks are slow. They seriously pull 15s if their lucky. The reg cabs could maybe get into the 14s. But i have seen his ext. cab pull 15s all day long. That is absolutely pathetic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The editors at Truck Trend (a division of Motor Trend) disagree with you YZ. Sorry but I gotta take their side.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
maybe he downshifted to chirp... i dunno. i woulda got in the right lane and tried to holla at his girl... you know, just to finish off the kill nicely... and piss him off.

Emm... can you do a wheelie in your 2 yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts