Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has an acura legend, atx. I have an mx6 ls 5 spd. He keeps tellin me his car is faster than mine, but he wont race me lol (hmm). All i know about his car is what i've already stated. Who would win this race?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My friend has an acura legend, atx.
What year is it?...if its 92+...he will more than likely take you if your stock...but if it is anything older than 92 you will eat him

·
Registered
180 Posts
what he said 91-92 had 200hp wit that 3.2 so thatd be close, 93-95 had the gen 2 engines puttin down 230hp so unless ur modded or a pretty good driver it should be pretty close though id say hed win by a little(93-95 that is)...get him to try it out n see

·
Registered
848 Posts
I like the 2nd gen Legend's, I've never got the chance to race one though. From what I hear they can surprise a lot of car's on the road today.

Make sure you do it from a stop, and only 1/4 mile, because he most likely will be pulling (not inching) on top end.

Good luck

Juggalo

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a friend with an acura legend and he would always say he could beat me but he wasn't that fast lol. I could easly beat him on the 0-60 and on the freeway, he couldn't keep up. I even raced him with 4 people in the car and he had 2 and he barely kept up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
oh yeah, stop and go, he was faster because i was learning how to use the clutch. He was driving an atx..

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I have a legend, it is pretty slow down low but the top end is amazing. I used to have a hard time hitting my fuel cut in my car, the legend pulls right up to right around 128 mph (230k miles on the car). I think any gen2 atx will beat you if you are stock. They have a 6 speed tranny.

~rc

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
rcoolb2002 said:
I have a legend, it is pretty slow down low but the top end is amazing. I used to have a hard time hitting my fuel cut in my car, the legend pulls right up to right around 128 mph (230k miles on the car). I think any gen2 atx will beat you if you are stock. They have a 6 speed tranny.

~rc
the legend from the early 90s has a 6 speed automatic transmission? um... maybe a 4 speed

·
Registered
180 Posts
soem of the 93-95's have 6 speed manuals...and i think the gs has a 5 speed atx...but other than that its a 4speed atx for everything else

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
the type II motor that came out in 93 is def fast, out of the hole, the auto isnt that great, top end is bad a$$ though. the 93 and up 2dr came with an opt 6 sp manual, and the 94,95 4dr gs had an optinal 6 speed manual too. the manual ones though are real fast as they make up for the out of the hole lag.
you can see if its a type II by the top of the engine. it says type II right on it

·
Registered
65 Posts
The top end of my LS was amazing stock as well, I stepped on the 140mph mark on the speed-o- multiple times. Right around 135mph it started to slow on the acceleration, but pushed its way up...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts