Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a custom made mx6 manifold with the very popular Garrett t4 turbo never had the time or money to complete the car. So it was never installed. They were custom made at exhaust technology one of the best in Australia. (Note: if you want to buy this you need to change your intercooler as well and also the pipe that goes from the turbo to the intercooler is not included, and there is no oxygen sensor included.)

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
imnot interested in the setu, but i think you'll need to be more specific of what it comes with, and trims on the t4 etc.
u say theres no pipe from turbo to intercooler, so does that mean you have the other piping?

also no o2 sensor, does that mean it has a dump pipe but no o2 bung welded in or what?

pictures also tell a thousand words, and why can't you use standard intercooler, it may not be advised, but it will still be usuable, maybe just not with standard piping

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more info

hi it does not come with any pipe you have to get them your self. it has a screw hole for the oxygen sensor to screw in but i will not supply the oxygen sensor. im not sure you can use the factory intercoolser because its too small and will not cool as good as it's ment to. i strongly recommend a much larger intercooler, because the garrett t4 is pretty large.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Got any pics mate? Do you know the trim of the compressor and exhaust wheel? Is it an oil only core? Does it come with oil lines to suit the F2T? Water lines? Dump pipe to clear the Aircon?

Also price and location please :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

hi it has water and oil lines. i dont have a digital camera, if i had i would be more happy to send pics of it. it will fit into any mx6 it was custom made and it will dramaticaly increases the power of your car.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
How old is the turbo? does it fit behind the standard radiator fan shroud? Or do you need to cut it?
Does the core have a little metal tag on it? What does it say? Does the backing plate of the compressor have AIR RESEARCH on it? Any other identifying marks? Internal or external gated turbo?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

hi the kit is new never installed so it the turbo it is custom made so it will fit inside a mx6 perfictly without you have to modify anything but still the only thing i recommend changing is the factory intercooler cause that pretty shit, you will need to use a larger one if you want to run the garrett T4 thats what the guy told me who custom made it. it cost me over $2000 with the turbo and i still have the receipts.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
is it sold yet? I might be interested if not sold but gonna take me a week to pay...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.