Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys... madd loafting is gwanin up in here so i took it upon myself to organize a meeting... as i mentioned in a previous post there is a toyota custom car show off at ken shaw lexus (steeles and 401) on april 10th starting at 7pm... Im going to this event for sure and since this is an organized event with food, a proffessional set up, car magazines coming to take photos etc... i suggest that we all show up in our 6's and cause a scene and maybe the nice ones can get into a shot for a magazine or something... its perfect for our 1st meeting... WHOS IN??
so far me and ruffnek are showing... even if your car is stock u wont be the only one (im pretty much stock too)... come one guyz whos up for it? let me know ASAP!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a stock 1st gen, but I will be there! What time is everyone going to show up? If everyone meets somewhere else before and we all show up together at once it may cause more of a scene, that is, if that was what you wanted to do.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice! We have 3 now!

persoanally im showing up at 7 unless u guys wanna meet up at somewhere like metro centre at steeles and warden or wendys on kennedy and steeles and then all drive there... I think that would look HYPE and we might even get a picture taken of us as we pull in by auto custom and sound magazine.. but we need more than 3 cars... come on guys.. u wanted a meeting and now we got one... juss holla if ur in...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all the info is posted above!

no it did not happen yet... it will happen in 2 weeks and it is located at ken shaw lexus and toyota on steeles and 401... just after steeles and warden... u guyz in? that would make 5! keep em coming guyz!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey, for those who don't frequent the http://www.probetalk.com board, (with the exception of mazda-head) you should post in our cannuck forum with regards to local Toronto GTA meets. I think that you'd benefit from it greatly. They actually started a club called TKO. Toronto KL Owners club. consists mainly second gens. Anything with a KL- engine in it. The purpose being, to include all makes that can benefit from meets, tech sessions, dynos etc... So far it consists of Probes, MX-3's with engine swaps, 323's with Swaps, and 626's, some with KL-ZE J-spec engines, some with TURBO's , but I don't think there are any MX6's.

We just recently had a dyno session, and had a 2nd gen PGT put out 250WHP and a 626 putting out 312WHP, yes 312 wheel HP. I put out 191WHP from my 1st gen.

In light of all the honda, DSM, clubs I think it would be nice to have a stronger presence in the community for you 2nd gens.

For the 1st gens, we are still welcome to join, but i'd like to see more you 1st gens out there as I am one and like to discuss issues with our engines be it probe/mx6/626 all the same sh1t ya know? *cough* mazda-head *cough*

We've been trying to get some simple meets going lately, but ppl are kinda busy and the weather still sucks. but its getting better and I think once it warms up these meets could turn into something good.

Anyways, St.Thomas Dragways Opens this on Sat Mar31. I'm going and some other might go from the PT board. So just spreading the word if you guys wanna drag.

[Edited by PGT-TURBO on 03-26-2001 at 07:17 AM]

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hey

is st thomas drag ways a place you can go to race your car???
where abouts is it at? that sounds like fun :)

do they charge you or something? how does that work?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Another DYNO session

The ProbeTalk/TKO members will be having a dyno meet soon (maybe 3rd week of April or so) so I thought I'd let you guys know that you're welcome to join us. Come to dyno your car or just to watch/chat. Hopefully we can have another one of our turbo cars pull over 200WHP (better yet the 626 pull 300+ :D).

Check this thread (and join the board while you're at it) for more info when it becomes a definate. http://www.probetalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=1299&forum=25&

Mike P I'd like to see you there this time :)

[Edited by SePHiRo on 03-27-2001 at 09:34 AM]

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
about april 10...

sorry guys the location is 404 and steeles (Don Valley North Lexus), but me and my buddies decided were gonna meet up at scarborough town which is off brimley and 401 since some of the guys in his club are taking the highway and the mall is easy to spot.. we will be meeting in the parking lot infront of the theatre at approx 7 pm and then when everyone shows we'll go to the toyota show off and SHOW OFF!!! i need definites now so i know who to look for when i go... BTW the other club which my friend is meeting up with is his maxima club.. Dont worry theyre cool... so far they have 10 members going... can we beat em?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
you refering to the giant theater right off the highway at the scarborugh towne?

Okay april 7th at 7:00pm,,,

jooooooo got it mang :smokin:

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
yoyo

and dont foget da greenzeez

i wont :smokin:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ruffnek... APRIL 10TH!!! not 7th

ya and the big theatre at scarborough town centre... cant wait to see that dash and filter!!! i may be getting the same one as u in a week! hope u dont mind...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does it matter?

just show up... it'll be ill... even if ur the only one its no prob! just more attention for u :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I said it before, but just in case I'm in. How are you going to know if everyone is there before you leave? Do you guys know a lot of the people that are going?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GT-MX6...

well to know how many people are coming thats why im asking everyone whos coming to say so so we can wait 4 them... if not i gave the address of where were going after meeting at scarborough town... also i know some of the people from the camry club and from the maxima club but not everyone... but dont worry were all car enthusiasts so its all good... wait ti'll u see some of these cars too... its gonna be a mini preview of dark knights without the hondas (I HOPE!)...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts