1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
All 2nd gen Mx6 are called Mystere

Just like the:

Mx5 = Miata
Mx3 = Precidia

Mazda like to use nomenclatures for car yet some power within always designates a name for every single vehicle. Best of the names to me is the 2nd gen Rx7's, they were called...Savannah.

·
Registered
19 Posts
...but i've never seen a 4 cyl 6 with the Mystère badge. I know the word Precidia is on all the hatches of them little buggers, but the chrome Mystère thing only shows up on V-6 6's round here.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
MX-Slick said:
...but i've never seen a 4 cyl 6 with the Mystère badge. I know the word Precidia is on all the hatches of them little buggers, but the chrome Mystère thing only shows up on V-6 6's round here.
You are thinking of the M- edition.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mystere

Hey Unkie he's not refferin to the M-Edition...The M- Edition is the Leather Edition with the gold trim on it. I have a 93 Mazda LS Mystere not an M-Edition, and it's a v-6...the only thing I've noticed that is different on mine is that the Speedometer reads in Kilometers per hour and not miles.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: Mystere

Dream Theater said:
the only thing I've noticed that is different on mine is that the Speedometer reads in Kilometers per hour and not miles.

Hmmmm.... Wonder if your car was originally from Canada?

·
Registered
355 Posts
canada

I think that has something to do with it. I have a 94 v6 and there is no mystere badges or otherwise to be found

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

Dream Theater said:
Hey Unkie he's not refferin to the M-Edition...The M- Edition is the Leather Edition with the gold trim on it. I have a 93 Mazda LS Mystere not an M-Edition, and it's a v-6...the only thing I've noticed that is different on mine is that the Speedometer reads in Kilometers per hour and not miles.

the M-edition was only released in 96 I think too. I should have relized that when he said chrome and not gold. I have never seen a 6 with a mystere badge on it. ohh well live and learn.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
yes the mystere is the canadian version of mx6,they dont really call it that here. i think they might call it that overseas too.
y they call it that i will never know, canadiens are always making things more complicated then need be.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
ckozlgod said:
yes the mystere is the canadian version of mx6,they dont really call it that here. i think they might call it that overseas too.
y they call it that i will never know, canadiens are always making things more complicated then need be.
Mazda came up with the name. Not Canadans

·
Registered
811 Posts

Dream Theater said:
Mine has leather and gold badges hunter green and it isnt an m-edition. Mine also has the V6 logo under the mazda emblem instead of next to it. I have had a lot of people ask me why I moved it. In fact all MX-6's I have seen have the V6 badge on the side of the Mazda except mine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
In Europe and canada (perhaps aussie) it is mx-6 mystere, in japan and USA it is just mx-6, i think...

-Ashley

·
Registered
462 Posts
Suggestion

ok why dont we just call Ford and ask since they own Mazda...or someone run down to the nearest Mazda dealership, test drive an RX-8, and when you get back on the lot and the saleman asks if you have any questions say..." Yeah what the hell is a Mazda MX6 MYSTERE???". ( lol...just a thought )

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Again, I don't know why there has been this many posts about a simple subject.

IT IS NOT A SPECIAL EDITION.

It is SIMPLY A NAME given by Mazda's to the Mx6. The designation for ALL 2nd gen Mx6 are Mystere.

Once again I will try and draw this out so the people that keep on asking seemingly repetitive and somewhat idiotic questions can understand.

THE MYSTERE IS THE OFFICIAL NAME OF THE 2nd GEN MAZDA MX-6.

It is known by that name anywhere on earth. It is just that in some location markets prefer name over a nomenclature. We Americans love nomenclature, whilst other countries do not. A reason why my GS300 is called an Aristo in most other countries is the same reason why an Mx6 is called a Mystere in some country. It does not imply any special power or amazing dexterity. If you changed your name from Bob to Jack, it doesn't mean anything has happened, just a name.

·
Registered
25 Posts
spelling bee

unkiedave said:
Mazda came up with the name. Not Canadans

Some of you guys are real good at spelling Canadian. I know that we all live in igloos and play hockey all day but I still know how to spell American.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts