Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a header yesterday and was looking to try it out. met with couple of cars supercharged cobra, turbo probegt and a white s2000 with a single exhaust setup and skunk 2 suspension.

well 1st race
we did 2nd gear roll,s2k honk it off
we stayed together through 2nd, and 3rd, and i inch him in 4th and then i have a couple of loud backfire and the engine short off..
pull over to the side of the road and found the coil wire blew off the distributor..

2nd run,
10mph roll
s2k honk it out and we both took off
we stay even in 1st, and a little of 2nd while i started pulling, s2k missed 3rd
video

3rd run
dig run...s2k honk
I spun really bad through 1st and 2nd while the s2k have me, I started to close the gap in 3rd then the coil wire came off again and the car shut off.
video

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
yeah tell me about it...i raced one with my 1st gen with a tbird on 12 psi.....40-110 i had it by 1 1/2 cars with my clutch slipping bad in 3rd and 4th. Thats pretty impressive. Those S2000's are pretty quick cars.

P.S. - Nice clear video this time :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I want to see the race where you smoked him...Also, I'm not being a Debbie Downer, but I think the reason you were closing in on him was because he was letting off in the second video.

He had you buy a bus otherwise.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice ... u deserve props for being able to keep up / gain on s2k with an n/a 1 g
Thanks , we should be doing rematch again from a dig for money this week. like i say, the s2000 only gain on me from a dig with me spinng badly and i cannot catch up to him ,a;so blowing the coil wire does help either

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to see the race where you smoked him...Also, I'm not being a Debbie Downer, but I think the reason you were closing in on him was because he was letting off in the second video.

He had you buy a bus otherwise.

ok, whatever you say, this is the 2nd s2000 i have race, blame it on the driver if you want, point is, my n/a is not a slouch and it can hold his own, i have trap 94mph n/a without header and with stock manifold and exhaust, now the header make a different on top . maybe another 10chp? ,maybe.
I ran against kieth maroon klze pgt and pull him also by at least 3 cars . also couple of nepo 2nd gen klze swap. and i dont have a problem pulling or edging then out.
and the reason i was closing is not because he let off, my n/a pull hard from 4K-6k. thats the reason i can stay in from of charles t3/t4 gt.

dont worry, if you are closer, i will run you too.just to run you:cool::)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts