Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 93 mx6 with abouyt 140xxx. had it for a few months then it started poping out of 3rd sometimes. now it wont stay in 3rd at all it just grinds wen i let out the clutch. i was told it was the clutch and i was told in was the linkage. im hoping its not the tranny any 1 have the same problem? wat was the solution

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Is this happening when you accelerate? If so, it could be mounts. If not, then it could be something as simple as bushings. Doesn't sound like a clutch issue to me if all the other gears work fine. But know that 3rd gear in these cars are very troublesome, so in all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised its the transmission.

On a side note, this is not an EMS question. It's best being posted in the proper forum, which is the 2nd gen General section of the site. So that's where it has been moved. Please try to place your threads in the most appropriate section of the site next time as it will assist you in getting the quickest and most accurate of responses.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm having the same problem but for 4th gear. When i release the clutch after putting it into 4th gear you sometimes hear a little grinding for a split second and the shifter will pop out of 4th.... like the gear isn't being forced into place correctly, or with enough force. If I try like 10 times and shift very hard into 4th with my shifter it will actually engage the gear and work fine... so hopefully its not the gear or anything inside the tranny.

I took the car to get checked two weeks ago and the mechanics told me they didn't really know for sure what it was but they said the linkages looked fine and that they think its something inside the tranny, but I know as well as everybody else here that mechanics are rarely right so hopefully somebody has a solution for us.

This might contribute to the problem, my shifter has a lot of play, if i put it in neutral i can move the shifter from the left to the right about 2-3 inches without any force, i can feel the play. its a short shifter too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts