Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 4 cylinder mx6 will not start. this morning i followed my mom up to the garage, to get her car inspected. my car started fine in my driveway. as i was going down the road in neutral, it stalled, for no reason. i turned the key (i was still moving) and it started right back up. when i got up to the garage, i noticed my valves were tapping (which cant be good), so i decided to just shut the car off while i was waiting for my mom to come out. as we were ready to leave, i tried to start the car... it was cranking, but that was it. i figured i was out of gas (my gauge gets stuck once in a long time) so i pushed it to the gas station and put 10 bucks in. turned the key, once again, it cranked, but nothing else. i opened the hood and checked everything out... nothing was loose, everything looked very normal. i don't think its anything major, because for the past few days, its been running 100%. it kinda has me worried though. any thoughts on what it might be? my theory right now is the fuel pump...

·
Registered
52 Posts
A friend of mine had something similar happen to him. He was driving along, shut off his car,(still moving)then turned the key back on,popped the clutch to get it goin again, then drove us where we were going.Later his car wouldn't start.His problem was that when he pop started his car he caused his timming belt to become f'ed up.I don't know what kinda miles his had on it.It was a four banger mustang.It was also running just fine before he decided to pull this stunt.(he turned his car off to hear another cars exhaust!)Maybe this helps,I dunno.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dude, i'll make sure they check that out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts