Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's Crooks again. I just talked to Tom a few hours ago and he says we'll be releasing completed superchargers for the 2G MX6 around the end of March. I can't give official prices yet or anything, but we'll keep anyone who's interested posted.
Crooks

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
nice..... what kind of surpercharger you guys gonna use? and the ls or i4?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I believe we're making them for both the I4 and the V6. I can guarantee the V6 because that's what I have and that's what my engine is going to have on it, according to Tom. This is because it would be a little repetitive to have two side-by-side turbo MX6's at a car show (we plan on being at HIN this summer). We figure a supercharger would be a nice addition. About brands we're using and stuff, I can't divulge that information. All I can say about it is that you'll only be able to get them from us. It'll be a private-label supercharger, so we can just call it the MX6 Performance supercharger.
Crooks

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
can u divuldge where you would fit this s/c? Shaft driven I'm assuming....if so who is making the shaft?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As of right now, all future projects developed by us (not resales, just our own private-label items) are on hold until the tails are released and sold. But this should be available by the end of April. Again, though, this is just a feeler to see if the interest was there.
Crooks

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Do you know how much it will be, aprox? Interested if its not too much...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have no idea as far as the pricing. Most likely it'll be similar in price to the turbos that we're selling, so maybe around 2000 or 2500, plus any internals you may need to upgrade, although upgrading internals for a supercharger isn't quite as crucial as for a turbo, because the engine doesn't suddenly speed up, it's always on. So to answer the question, I can't accurately quote a price for you right now, since the superchargers aren't even being developed whatsoever so far. It's just an idea.
Crooks

·
Registered
37 Posts
What type of results are we looking at with one of your sc vs. a turbo?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well we're looking at roughly the same results for the turbo and supercharger as far as horsepower gains, but some people just like the idea of a supercharger more than a turbocharger. On the downside, the supercharger is going to be a bit more expensive than the turbo, but we're nowhere near a final price yet so please don't ask me. Thanks for showing interest guys.
Crooks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm interested. Where you guys located at cuz if you need a donor car you could use mine if your close. That and it would depend on how much $ you'd charge me.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
haha I would want one so bad.. that would be piiiiimp

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.