Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
That would be awesome if they did, but I think these are to notify dealers of what customers might complain about and what the fix would be. (But i have no idea...) Hey and if this is valid sutomer complaints and they have the service bulletin...maybe I could finally prove that friggin squeak/creak noise from the struts when turning...

bj

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hmm

I dont understand any of that...

what does it mean?

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Here's the response I got:

Brian,
TSB's are issued by the factory to address known concerns, the number of vehicles is sometimes very small. Just because there is a TSB doesn't mean you have that problem. The noise you are talking about is probably the strut
bearings on top of the struts P/N GA2A-34-38X.

--

bj

·
Registered
483 Posts
jorge,

i had 2 recalls on 6, i called mazda and told them my VIN number, they told me about the airbag deployment problem, and also the air filter. call their customer sevice "hotline" tell them your VIN. i also think that only certain cars with certain vins are affected, so you might have a recall waiting to be fixed for no charge.

later

·
Registered
193 Posts
anyone else get a recall for the signal switch in the steering column? something about possibly flicking the high beams when signalling and possibly causing a collision.
hr

·
Registered
236 Posts
TSB Recalls

I emailed 3 local Mazda shops here about some recalls that I feel need to be attended to on my car.. I got one response so far that was a "we'll get back with you" kind of response. Heres my recalls:

S04092 - Door Glass Rattle - (Does this when idle sometimes)
S04592 - Water Leak in Trunk - (Not too bad, but still)
P00194 - Front Brake Grind/Groan (Does this quite often, and my rotors and pads are fine)
S03594 - Drivers Seat Squeak - (Yep, mine does it too)

I hope they do it up for free but I'm not counting on it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
hey bj!! i was wondering what that damn noise was coming from the struts when i turned!!"..strut bearings on top of the struts P/N GA2A-34-38X"... good to know.....thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As you know the recalls vary with your VIN number. Some cars of the same year and model are affected with a problem, some are not. The best thing to do would be to call up Mazda @ 1-800-222-5500 select option #4 and give the rep your VIN number. They will run it in their system and will tell you of any possible recalls on your specific car.

I only got a crappy SSP23: Hood flange corrosion

Mazda will only fix the recalls that are specified for your car. If not, YOU will have to pay for something that is not noted for your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts