Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas

ok i have a few problems with my mazda, ever since i hit a curb last summer ive been getting shakey steering colum shakey car... ive done some recent work on her replacing ball joints and axels, could a rotor be warped? what else would make it shake so much, the tires and balanced and ive done an alignment couple days ago...

another question how do i fix the side rear window, the glue is coming out and there is wind noise, what glue is recommended to fix the window in place?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
First, I bet anything one of your wheels is bent or cracked. I had the exact same problem and couldn't fine the fault for several weeks. Than a friend suggested I just rotated the front wheels to back and the problem was gone. I than rotated each individual wheels around the car until I found the one that was causing the vibration. It would only do it if the wheel was in front for some reason. It turned out there was a hairline crack on the inner side of the wheel and it was causing a slight deformation that would cause the whole car to vibrate above 70mph. So try and rotate the wheels around if you have not already done so, or if you can switch wheels with someone else and see what happens.

Secondly, you can buy any Vinal mixer type adhesive at your local autoparts store. They usually come in a syringe type deal with two tubes, one is the adhesive the other is a hardener. Just use that and it should stick those moldings on easily.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, I bet anything one of your wheels is bent or cracked. I had the exact same problem and couldn't fine the fault for several weeks. Than a friend suggested I just rotated the front wheels to back and the problem was gone. I than rotated each individual wheels around the car until I found the one that was causing the vibration. It would only do it if the wheel was in front for some reason. It turned out there was a hairline crack on the inner side of the wheel and it was causing a slight deformation that would cause the whole car to vibrate above 70mph. So try and rotate the wheels around if you have not already done so, or if you can switch wheels with someone else and see what happens.
hmm i bought a set of Konig Caffeines 17" with tires, i threw my old wheels and tires in the garbage, its still vibrating... what else can cause this to happen?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know why my mx6 would be shakey on the hwy? besides the fact ive got new axels/rims/tires

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
mazdamx6speed said:
anyone know why my mx6 would be shakey on the hwy? besides the fact ive got new axels/rims/tires
You could have bent any number of things hitting a curb. Lower control arm, tie rod, etc. Put it on an alignment machine yet?
-Garrett

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could have bent any number of things hitting a curb. Lower control arm, tie rod, etc. Put it on an alignment machine yet?
yeah i did i have the papers here, the front end is bent in .5 degrees in one way... it only begins to shake around 110 area and over

ill scan them in and post them

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
could just be bad wheal balancing then .. :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts