Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christ,There seems to be loads going wrong with people's mx6's.
Are they un-reliable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I test drove one 2day and was seriously considering getting it.

Honest replies only please...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, i guess it's all about how you drive it. Some people gun theres off everylight and some don't I just bought mine and it has 167k on it, it's running well now and i don't have any intention of kicking the crap out of it. I have a crotch rocket to do that :) .
Anyways the mx6's are just getting older and older, so it's almost expected, but i think when kids that first get it, look at it, and see it's sporty, so they may drive hard.
My only suggestion is that you test drive a few, make sure everything works well, and treat it right. This is my first car, and i love it, so i'm not going take it for granted in anyway.
Hope this helps abit.
- Glenn

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
What year are you considering. You also have to remember that these cars are between 6 and 10 years old and have 120k plus for miles. Of course there are going to be problems, but there will be with any car in that age and mileage bracket. If you can't accept the idea of routine maintence and occassional repairs, buy something new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 94 model,91k,fsh,nobel green.

The missus is looking at it tomorrow and i need convincing(buy it or not) either way.
It drives very well,i took it out today.
The only slight problem i found was the very light steering,apart from that i thought it was a good solid motor.ie it has not been abused badly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must admit that the negative feedback is not doing my confidence any good at all.

I might as well get a 1990 porsche 944 and live with the running cost's.

·
Registered
585 Posts
id say go for it 91k is nothing still pretty fresh i had my 93 ls for over a year now it has 230k and the only problem i had was the disterbutor broke thats about it tho the motor is still solid

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
hmmmm... People dont take care of there cars!!!

1.keep the car clean
2.change the oil often (people usually wait till after 6,000 thats extremely over due)
3.spend the money to replace parts, the way i see it is if you can buy 300each racing seats or spend 150$ insurance (or what ever) then you can afford to replace something.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car is is very good nick,v good bodywork,quiet engine,no rattles,FULL service history,no signs of abuse at all.

Well,i've decided that the missus will take it out tomorrow.

Who knows what i'll do then.........

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Call me crazy but no one has asked the important questions nor any answers given.

Is it an LS or RS? (the LS has the V6, the RS has the I4)

Is it MTX or ATX( MTX = manual, ATX = automatic)

The first question doesn't really affect reliability. Though if it is an RS it is not worth mor ethan 2k for a prisntine condition car. If it is an LS than it is worth about 800 more.

The second question is the one you should worry about.

If it is an ATX than you WILL have problems if you do not take care of it. If it is an MTX than it should run forever if taken care of properly.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Buy it, i had my car since June, and it's working fine, except for the stalling part, i posted a thread about it, but nobody answered, i was wondering what are some reasons causeing it to stall, i think it's just the distributer cap, but i'm not positive, i couldn't check it lately because it has been raining :mad: but tomorrow i'm going to check it out :D
They are great cars, you'll love it even more if you get some mods on her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts